A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#260698 by Nottingham Nick
21 Sep 2009, 11:43
Following long discussions by the mods - we are pleased to announce provisional arrangements for the V-Flyer Post Christmas Party 2010.

Folowing the undoubted success of this year's event, it has been decided to do a variation on a theme. The main day will be another trip on Eurostar. The intended destination this year is Brussels, though we haven't ruled out an onward journey to Bruges, but that will be up to the group.

This important date is Saturday 16th January 2010 this is still a provisional date, but is looking pretty fixed.

As with this year, the plan will be to leave fairly early Saturday morning from St Pancras, and return that night.

There will probably be a V-Flyer meal at a venue to be fixed on the Friday night as well.

At this stage, we are looking for people who are interested in attending so that we can get an idea of numbers. We will then announce a cost and, once the trip is set in stone, we will ask for a non-refundable deposit.

Please indicate in this thread, or by PM to me, if you are interested in attending.

The event is open to all members, and as many guests as they would like to bring. If you have never been to a V-Flyer social before, don't be shy - we are a very welcoming bunch... honestly. [}:)][:I]

Comments, questions and ideas are also still welcomed at this early stage.

Nick

Expressions of interest to date.
33 and counting (overbooked - if all maybes become yes majorly overbooked). Looking at 2 carriages???

HoneyLamb
Nottingham Nick and Sue
Darren
Buns & Mrs Buns
LROM
Decker
Mr and Mrs JP
HackneyGuy + 1
HWVlover + 1
Vegascrazy + s-pressobeen
Jacki + Justin
Catherine
mcmbenjamin + 1
daharris
ChuckC
jafleming and Jacqui
Tinks+1
Fozzyo + Wolves27
Sealink
mcuth + Karen
tontybear

Maybe

HighFlyer
Neil + Luke
iforres1 + ??
Pete
#725863 by Darren Wheeler
21 Sep 2009, 11:57
Nick. Count me in on this and the date is ideal as I won't need to book any time off.

Now, to look at PROPER hotels for this year. No intention of doing Travelodge. [:)]
#725868 by Neil
21 Sep 2009, 12:23
Well the first, and most important hurdle is out of the way for us, Hull City are away on that day, so that's a good start. We discussed this on the way back from York and the biggest problem we can see for us is the early start on the Sat, as we probably wouldn't be able to come down until the Sat morning, but it is something we could possibly work around.

We will have to wait for a few more details to be confirmed before we can decide if we will be able to make it, but it certainly something we are interested in, as last years event looked good, and we had a great time in York, so we are always interested in V-Flyer socials.
#725873 by Guest
21 Sep 2009, 12:40
Yes please + 1. (hackneyguy + mycopper)

I would vote for Brussels. Although Bruges is a much nicer city I think one journey to Brussesl is far enought for a day trip.

Thanks for doing this Nick.

Rgds,

HG
#725879 by HighFlyer
21 Sep 2009, 13:37
I'm tentative but LRoM should be available to attend.

This looks to be a GREAT event if it is anything like the success of Paris.

Thanks,
Sarah
#725892 by iforres1
21 Sep 2009, 15:59
Damm, blast and bugger.

How do I get to Brussels from Belgrade as the connections are crap[:#] Date is fine though, let me have a think

Iain
#725893 by Nottingham Nick
21 Sep 2009, 16:07
quote:Originally posted by iforres1
How do I get to Brussels from Belgrade as the connections are crap[:#] Date is fine though, let me have a think

Iain

We don't want you in Brussels - we want you in London - we want you on the party train. [y][y]

I bet there will be Glitter Fizz on board. [:w]

Nick
#725919 by Vegascrazy
21 Sep 2009, 20:53
This sounds like the makings of a fantastic PCP, expecially after the success of the Paris jaunt earlier this year - please count in myself and Steve [:D]

Cheers
James
#725920 by buns
21 Sep 2009, 20:55
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler

Now, to look at PROPER hotels for this year. No intention of doing Travelodge. [:)]

Same here[}:)][}:)]

In a way it is a pity is isn't Paris as I was looking forward to getting Tear Gassed again[;)]

buns
#725927 by Jacki
21 Sep 2009, 21:23
After the York experience last weekend we are most definately in [y]
#725986 by willd
22 Sep 2009, 09:16
Gosh now wouldn't this be a great way to celebrate my 25th.....my first V-F social!

I will have a discussion with my nearest and dearest although somehow I don't think it will go down too well if I proclaim I am off to spend my 25th birthday with the friends from my 'geek website'.

Just out of interest are you able to get the youth fares for those of us young enough? Or will it be one price for all?
#725993 by Nottingham Nick
22 Sep 2009, 10:30
quote:Originally posted by willd

Just out of interest are you able to get the youth fares for those of us young enough? Or will it be one price for all?

Don't see why not. It will certainly be one of the questins asked when we have ideas of numbers.

Nick
#726000 by iforres1
22 Sep 2009, 12:14
quote:Originally posted by willd
Gosh now wouldn't this be a great way to celebrate my 25th.....my first V-F social!

I will have a discussion with my nearest and dearest although somehow I don't think it will go down too well if I proclaim I am off to spend my 25th birthday with the friends from my 'geek website'.

Planning on taking the GF then Will[}:)][B)]

Iain
#726001 by iforres1
22 Sep 2009, 12:17
quote:Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
quote:Originally posted by iforres1

Iain

We don't want you in Brussels - we want you in London - we want you on the party train. [y][y]

I bet there will be Glitter Fizz on board. [:w]

Nick

As is always the problem Nick we will have just been to the UK 3 weeks before for Christmas[:#] Travelling with 4 is not as cheap as 2 used to be[:(]. Lets see what we can do though
#726002 by northernhenry
22 Sep 2009, 12:25
Unlikely we'd be able to make it, due to mini NH logistics, however nearer the time, if we can get something arranged may look at coming down to the big smoke for the Friday night if somethings happening?

NH
#726006 by daharris
22 Sep 2009, 12:44
Sounds like an event not to be missed. A tentative yes for the time being.
#726016 by ChuckC
22 Sep 2009, 13:55
Nick, a very tentative 'yes' at this point, only because of potential work conflict. Had such fun at the PCP in Paris I really don't want to miss this event.

Chuck-
#726053 by jafleming
22 Sep 2009, 17:35
Definitely up for this one - no excuses! James and Jacqui (OH).
#726071 by Tinkerbelle
22 Sep 2009, 19:34
PCP 2010 - wahey!! [^]

Put me and +1 down on the list!

Better start the search for the Glitter Fizz - the train journey wouldn't be the same without it!!

[^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^]
#726092 by Darren Wheeler
22 Sep 2009, 21:28
quote:Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
PCP 2010 - wahey!! [^]

Put me and +1 down on the list!

Better start the search for the Glitter Fizz - the train journey wouldn't be the same without it!!

[^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^][^]

What about wine-in-a-carton? [:)]
#726165 by Sealink
23 Sep 2009, 15:15
Yes please! (One person!)
#726173 by Tinkerbelle
23 Sep 2009, 16:55

The wine in a carton was as we predicted: disgusting. I think we were just tempted by the bargain price of 1 Euro!
#726174 by HWVlover
23 Sep 2009, 17:00
quote:Originally posted by Tinkerbelle

The wine in a carton was as we predicted: disgusting. I think we were just tempted by the bargain price of 1 Euro!

1 Euro!!!! What sort of carton was it in? Do I really want to know? [?]
#726175 by Tinkerbelle
23 Sep 2009, 17:19
quote:Originally posted by HWVlover

1 Euro!!!! What sort of carton was it in? Do I really want to know? [?]

Classy - it even came with a straw!

One small concern is that there will be 15 minutes less drinking time on the train to Brussels! [:p]
Virgin Atlantic