A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#725960 by Darren Wheeler
21 Sep 2009, 23:39
Nothing to see here, move along.

A weekend of refined conversation with first-class food and drink. After dinner, the gentlemen retired to the library with cigars and cognac to discuss the Gold Standard while the ladies went to the drawing room to converse on kittens and embroidery.
#725961 by Guest
21 Sep 2009, 23:44
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler

A weekend of refined conversation with first-class food and drink. After dinner, the gentlemen retired to the library with cigars and cognac to discuss the Gold Standard while the ladies went to the drawing room to converse on kittens and embroidery.

Retiring to the library ?? Tut Tut how common. Gentlemen NEVER retire from the dining room - it is the ladies that withdraw - the men from the upper order stay put. A game of Billiards is allowed AFTER the brandy but never in the library don't you know [8D]

I am SURE this is how LROM and Decker would have behaved [:w]
#725978 by Jacki
22 Sep 2009, 07:21

Well not embroidery as such, we girlies were given a number of sleep suits that required mending - I believe the word recycling was used. Apparently they are very popular with the young Upper Classes ? It really was most enjoyable.[y]
#725990 by northernhenry
22 Sep 2009, 10:00
We will not mention the log cabin outside in the gardens complete with roaring fire...

What a great addition...

As GJ gets more frustrated and puzzled...
#725991 by Jacki
22 Sep 2009, 10:04
quote:Originally posted by northernhenry
We will not mention the log cabin outside in the gardens complete with roaring fire...

What a great addition...

As GJ gets more frustrated and puzzled...

NH you promised not to mention the log cabin due to the fact that GJ's cardboard presence at the V-Flyer York Social met such an untimely end when Decker waltzed him too close to the flames?[:w]
#725995 by tontybear
22 Sep 2009, 10:59

[:D][:D][:D]

I now have visions on you all in some 'Upstairs Downstairs' reneactment ...
#726013 by HWVlover
22 Sep 2009, 13:25
I want to know who won the mud wrestling. I think.
[ii]
#726021 by Jacki
22 Sep 2009, 14:26
quote:Originally posted by HWVlover
[ii]

They don't call me Maureen Mudflaps for nothing![:w]
#726028 by slinky09
22 Sep 2009, 14:38
quote:Originally posted by Jacki
[ii]

There's an awful lot one could say to that! I'll compose myself to a simple: I hope all who ventured out in York had an absolutely luvverly time [y].
#726029 by DMetters-Bone
22 Sep 2009, 14:43
[ii]

That is a very brave question, you may reget asking! [:I]
#726032 by Neil
22 Sep 2009, 14:48
quote:Originally posted by Jacki
[ii]

[oo]

I do believe that all photography was banned by some miserable, grumpy sod at the evening, so fingers crossed none will be published.
#726050 by n/a
22 Sep 2009, 16:57
This thread is kicking off quite nicely. No concerns here. And I'm absolutely certain you are correct about the circumstances surrounding my cardboard demise.

GJ
#726081 by buns
22 Sep 2009, 20:19
quote:Originally posted by Neil

[oo]

I do believe that all photography was banned by some miserable, grumpy sod at the evening, so fingers crossed none will be published.

I refute the assertion that I was grumpy - everyone was having their photo taken except me[:(!]

buns
Virgin Atlantic