A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#260821 by Nottingham Nick
01 Oct 2009, 12:41
The V-Flyer Post Christmas Party is now fixed for Saturday 16th January 2010.

Details as follows:

Depart St Pancras 0857 - arrive Brussels 1203

Depart Brussels 1959 - arrive St. Pancras 2103

All times are local.

This gives us a fair bit of time in Brussels to explore at leisure, move on to Bruges, or do whatever takes your fancy.

The good news is that I have managed to secure Carriage 1 for both journeys and I have managed top secure the lowest possible fare, which will be 55.00 per person.

The bad news is that to ensure this fare. we could really do with filling the carriage with 48 people.

The other bad news is that I need some money from everyone.
I need a non-refundable deposit of 15 per person, as soon as possible with the balance payable by 1st December 2009.

I can take BACS transfers, or you can snail mail a cheque.

I will be contacting everyone by PM but to save time if those who want to attend could PM me an email address and / or telephone contact number and I will let you know bank / address details.

Please do NOT PM or email your bank details to me. I have a secure (er) email address at work I could use as a last resort, but want to avoid that if we can.

So, I have appended the details of those interested so far below, but there is room for a few more - so don't delay join the fun today.

Once we are sorted with numbers we will start to think about a meal for the evening before the trip and team polo shirts, but for now I just want firm commitments and deposits ASAP.

Nick

Firm commitments and Expressions of interest to date.

HoneyLamb
Nottingham Nick and Sue
Darren
Buns & Mrs Buns
LROM
Decker + 1
Mr and Mrs JP
Vegascrazy + s-pressobeen
Jacki + Justin
Catherine = Dave
mcmbenjamin + ???
daharris
ChuckC
jafleming and Jacqui
Tinks+1
Fozzyo + Wolves27
Sealink
mcuth + Karen
tontybear
HighFlyer ????
iforres1
Pete & Tony and marcus??
JAT47L
#726756 by Pete
01 Oct 2009, 13:56
Put me in the confirmed list +1 - I've booked into the Travelodge Farringdon for the Friday night (nicer than the Royal Scot, and at 29 a positive bargain...!)

Pete
#726761 by honey lamb
01 Oct 2009, 15:18
Er, shouldn't it say 2010 in the title?
#726788 by buns
01 Oct 2009, 20:46
Thanks Nick[y][y]

Put Mrs Buns & I down as confirmed

Money on way this weekend!!

buns
#726789 by Jacki
01 Oct 2009, 20:52
Justin and I definately are on the party train - there's a very large dame blanche with my name on it!

Thanks Nick for organising this.
#726794 by honey lamb
01 Oct 2009, 22:00
PM also sent from me
#726798 by Tinkerbelle
01 Oct 2009, 23:29
It's a def for me +1 - I'll email you at the weekend Nick.

Thank you so much for sorting this out.
#726804 by Pete
02 Oct 2009, 00:32
Add Tony S to the list as a confirmed.
#726885 by Tinkerbelle
02 Oct 2009, 23:33
quote:Originally posted by Nottingham Nick

Once we are sorted with numbers we will start to think about a meal for the evening before the trip and team polo shirts, but for now I just want firm commitments and deposits ASAP.

Team polo shirts?? [:?][:?]
#726917 by Nottingham Nick
03 Oct 2009, 14:43
Right,

Many thanks to those who have already sent me PM's, emails etc. i will be replying to those people individually during the weekend.

I have now sent PM's to people who have expressed interest, (and a few who haven't I think. [:I] )

If you haven't received a PM, please let me know- I had a mare with timeouts while I was sending them, so some might not have reached their intended recipient.

As it stands, I don't think we will quite fill the carriage, so - if anyone hasn't replied yet, or those who have would like to bring guests, please let me know ASAP.

Nick
#726918 by Tinkerbelle
03 Oct 2009, 14:51
quote:Originally posted by Nottingham Nick

If you haven't received a PM, please let me know- I had a mare with timeouts while I was sending them, so some might not have reached their intended recipient.

I got 3 or 4 PM's! [:p]
#726919 by Nottingham Nick
03 Oct 2009, 14:57
That doesn't surprise me, Tink. [:I]

The computer nearly went through the window when i was sending them - some will have got a few and some none at all. [V]

Nick
#726929 by mcuth
03 Oct 2009, 18:18
Aye, we're in - thanks for doing the organising Nick [y]

quote:Originally posted by Pete
I've booked into the Travelodge Farringdon for the Friday night (nicer than the Royal Scot, and at 29 a positive bargain...!)

Think we're going to book in there too - strange thing is, if you book Friday night alone, it's 29. If you book Saturday night alone, it's 45, giving a total of 74. If you book a 2 night stay, it's 90 [:?]

Cheers
Michael
#726930 by easygoingeezer
03 Oct 2009, 18:21
Sounds loads of fun but its too close to my returning from Christmas/New Year in Miami/Key West and New York.

Have a wonderful time all of you.[y]
#726933 by buns
03 Oct 2009, 18:43
Nick

Stunning job here[oo]

PM received and we have PM'd you back, we are certainly excited and to be honest are looking forward to this much more than Christmas and New Year with the family[:w]

buns
#726935 by daharris
03 Oct 2009, 19:08
quote:Originally posted by mcuth
Aye, we're in - thanks for doing the organising Nick [y]

I've booked into the Travelodge Farringdon for the Friday night (nicer than the Royal Scot, and at 29 a positive bargain...!)

Think we're going to book in there too - strange thing is, if you book Friday night alone, it's 29. If you book Saturday night alone, it's 45, giving a total of 74. If you book a 2 night stay, it's 90 [:?]

Cheers
Michael

Yes, Travelodge seem to have a perculiar booking system that takes the higest price over your stay and then multiplies it by the number of nights you are staying.
#726936 by Guest
03 Oct 2009, 19:11
I just need to re-check my work schedule on Tuesday incase someone has slipped in something while I have been away and hopefully wiull be in a position to confirm Tuesday PM/eve.

Thanks Nick for sorting this out for us.

HG

As per my PM to Nick earlier today, after only a few days back in the UK after my NYE jaunt to LA and Palm Springs, I have to go away on business so MRU.

I am sure it will be a great trip and hope you all have loads of fun and tales to tell after .....

Regards,

HG
#727016 by iforres1
05 Oct 2009, 08:44
Hi Nick,

Take me off the maybe's and add me to the defo's list.
Unfortunately it will just be my good self[}:)]

Will PM you with options for payment.

Iain
#727024 by Pete
05 Oct 2009, 10:47
Mike - yeah, the Travellodge always do the highest night for the whole booking thing. Simple enough to put them through as separate nights, then when you get to the hotel, show them all the bookings (I'm actually there three nights now...), and I've never had a problem with them combining them without extra charge.

Pete
#727052 by mcuth
05 Oct 2009, 14:07
quote:Originally posted by iforres1
Take me off the maybe's and add me to the defo's list.
Unfortunately it will just be my good self[}:)]

Sorry the family can't make it mate, but glad you'll be there - will be great to see you again [y][y][y] Now, to rekindle the memories of the boneyard trip, we need to sort out a big cheese-fest on a stereo.....If I get drunk, well I know I'm gonna be, I'm gonna be the man who gets drunk next to you [:D]

Mike - yeah, the Travellodge always do the highest night for the whole booking thing. Simple enough to put them through as separate nights, then when you get to the hotel, show them all the bookings (I'm actually there three nights now...), and I've never had a problem with them combining them without extra charge.

Cool, thanks for the info on that Pete - will get onto that one [y]

Cheers
Michael
#727118 by Nottingham Nick
06 Oct 2009, 11:09
The latest news is that I have managed to negotiate an extension on the deadline for deposits until next Monday (12th Oct). However, by that time I will be sailing the high seas on a cruise, so i would still appreciate early commitments.

We are over 30 at the moment, so still room for more happy travellers.

I apologise that I still haven't replied to PMs, emails and phone messages about payments. I am hoping to get that done today.

In the mean time thanks to all that have responded and, if you are still thinking about it, come and join the fun.

Nick
#727162 by JAT74L
06 Oct 2009, 17:41
Hi Nick,

Count me in for the trip. Be in touch shortly with payment.

John.
#727171 by preiffer
06 Oct 2009, 18:44
So...

I can't make the trip - but I CAN make the night before... [:w]
Virgin Atlantic