A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#261486 by Nottingham Nick
01 Dec 2009, 20:48
Various suggestions have been made including a return to Quaglino's, something around Scouts in Bondage, which is at The King's Head, in Islington.

Any other thoughts welcome, as there is nothing set in concrete right now.

Nick
#731112 by Tinkerbelle
01 Dec 2009, 20:52
quote:Originally posted by Nottingham Nick
Various suggestions have been made including a return to Quaglino's

As long as they can provide something better than the burnt Cannelloni that Pete and I both had! [:$]
#731133 by honey lamb
02 Dec 2009, 01:09
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
I'm easy.

Well, leaving aside Darren's morals [:w] my flight arrives in LHR at 5:15pm so I'll catch y'all up wherever you are
#731134 by Tinkerbelle
02 Dec 2009, 01:14
quote:Originally posted by honey lamb
I'm easy.

Well, leaving aside Darren's morals [:w]

I'm so glad someone else pointed that out! [:p]
#731139 by Jacki
02 Dec 2009, 06:46
Now everyone has stocked up at Morrisons a park bench and a packet of crisps would probably suffice?[^]

I would imagine there will be some good January deals around - Chez Gerard are emailing theirs already.
#731157 by iforres1
02 Dec 2009, 16:02
I'm easy.

Well, leaving aside Darren's morals [:w] my flight arrives in LHR at 5:15pm so I'll catch y'all up wherever you are

Oh Im in at 3pm and bunking up with JAT74L so could be worse the wear by early doors[:D]
#731208 by Darren Wheeler
03 Dec 2009, 07:03
quote:Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
I'm easy.

Well, leaving aside Darren's morals [:w]

I'm so glad someone else pointed that out! [:p]

Hey!!

They may be loose morals, but they are morals none the less.[:w]
#731258 by Guest
03 Dec 2009, 19:09
I cant miss Darren with his loose morals... Count us in..
#731841 by buns
13 Dec 2009, 18:59
Really need to start to tie this bit down now.

I have been making some enquiries of a few places, that meets the critieria of

Allows for easy access to Angel / Kings Cross area
Has a broad menu
Can accomade a large group early on the Friday evening to allow those who want to decamp to Scouts in Bondage (on the assumption the curent run will be extended)

So is it possible to have some indication who who would be interested in a meal on the Friday evening starting at?

Once I have have some clearer idea of numbers, it will indicate if we can go the whole hog of a private room

buns
#731852 by HighFlyer
13 Dec 2009, 21:30
Sorry if this has been asked already but what time are we thinking of meeting for dinner?

Thanks,
Sarah
#731854 by buns
13 Dec 2009, 21:57
quote:Originally posted by HighFlyer
Sorry if this has been asked already but what time are we thinking of meeting for dinner?

Thanks,
Sarah

[:I][:I][:I]

I meant to put down 7 pm

This would give sufficient time for to get to an evening performance of 'Scouts in Bondage' should the run be extended

buns
#731857 by Pete
13 Dec 2009, 22:49
I can confirm that Scouts In Bondage will be extended, but in the extension week the times go back to the earlier slots (as Christmas Carol will have finished), so the Friday night show will be at 19:30 - so dinner at 19:00 may be cutting it a little too fine for those that want to see the show and do a group meal [;)]
#731859 by buns
13 Dec 2009, 23:15
quote:Originally posted by Pete
I can confirm that Scouts In Bondage will be extended, but in the extension week the times go back to the earlier slots (as Christmas Carol will have finished), so the Friday night show will be at 19:30 - so dinner at 19:00 may be cutting it a little too fine for those that want to see the show and do a group meal [;)]

Does that mean the show will be over by 21:30??

I suppose we may have to take a call on who would want to eat and who would want to see the Show??

buns
#731864 by honey lamb
14 Dec 2009, 00:21
Uuuuurgh! I would love to see Scouts in Bondage and while my flight time will allow that, it certainly wouldn't allow for that and a meal prior to the performance as I arrive in LHR at 5:15pm
#731873 by Pete
14 Dec 2009, 01:05
quote:Originally posted by buns

Does that mean the show will be over by 21:30??

Yes, in theory it'll be out at 9pm if it goes up on time at 7.30pm.

Pete
#731947 by Howard Long
14 Dec 2009, 21:03
Really need to start to tie this bit down now.

I have been making some enquiries of a few places, that meets the critieria of

Allows for easy access to Angel / Kings Cross area
Has a broad menu
Can accomade a large group early on the Friday evening to allow those who want to decamp to Scouts in Bondage (on the assumption the curent run will be extended)

So is it possible to have some indication who who would be interested in a meal on the Friday evening starting at?

Once I have have some clearer idea of numbers, it will indicate if we can go the whole hog of a private room

buns

A quick suggestion, the St Pancras Grand Restaurant (as opposed to the Champagne bar just outside)? Not too posh, but equally it's definitely no dive. I think it fits the v-flyer demographic pretty well.

Cheers, H
#731949 by Vegascrazy
14 Dec 2009, 21:19
quote:Originally posted by Howard Long
quote:

A quick suggestion, the St Pancras Grand Restaurant (as opposed to the Champagne bar just outside)? Not too posh, but equally it's definitely no dive. I think it fits the v-flyer demographic pretty well.

Cheers, H

Have heard very good reports about the St Pancras Grand [y]
Steve & I would be up for this although wouldn't be able to make it before 7.30. Cheers, James
#731952 by buns
14 Dec 2009, 22:11
James

Thanks for the suggestion[y][y][y]

Given that the Show will start at 7:30, i think we are looking at two functions: One for the show and one for nosh[:D]

buns
#731954 by Vegascrazy
14 Dec 2009, 22:19
James

Thanks for the suggestion[y][y][y]

Given that the Show will start at 7:30, i think we are looking at two functions: One for the show and one for nosh[:D]

buns

Well Howard recommended the restaurant and as said I've read good reviews about it. Steve & I are keen on a 'not too late' get together on the Friday eve so we're 'fit' for the champagne party bus in the morning, a meal (possibly at The Grand) is our preference out of the two functions [:D]
#731985 by Decker
15 Dec 2009, 13:48
Eating there tomorrow night - can report back?
#731986 by Howard Long
15 Dec 2009, 15:09
quote:Originally posted by Decker

I'd be interested in your comments. It's about a year since I last dined there.

Cheers, H
#731990 by Guest
15 Dec 2009, 15:41
We will be opting for the meal..
#731991 by Tinkerbelle
15 Dec 2009, 15:49
I can't confirm yet if I'll be able to make the Friday night but if I do it'll be for the meal only and not the show.
#732039 by buns
16 Dec 2009, 06:07
quote:Originally posted by Decker

That would be helpful[y]

buns
Virgin Atlantic