A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#261875 by Nottingham Nick
11 Jan 2010, 18:06
I spoke to a very helpful lady at Eurostar today.

The current situation is that a number of trains are cancelled today (Monday) and some tomorrow (Tuesday). Passengers are being advised not to travel if their journey isn't necessary, and are being offered a full refund.

Beyond tomorrow they hope to provide a full service . This however is, of course, subject to the hoped for thaw continuing.

I am told that up to date information is posted on their website, and this is regularly updated (Virgin take note). [}:)]

Obviously they have no control over the weather, and it is a case of 'watch this space.'

I will keep on their case, and post any updates I get.

Nick
#734077 by Darren Wheeler
11 Jan 2010, 18:21
Thanks Nick.

Hopefully the coming change of weather will allow a full service to be run.
#734082 by honey lamb
11 Jan 2010, 18:40
Thanks, Nick. Fingers crossed.

I never realised Eurostar ran so many trains. In my ignorance I thought that perhaps there were a couple a day [:I]
#734084 by tontybear
11 Jan 2010, 18:44
Thanks Nick. will keep an eye out for further info here and on Eurostar.
#734093 by Wolves27
11 Jan 2010, 19:29
thanks for the heads up Nick.
If nothing else I have to be down in London that weekend anyway.
#734152 by Pete
12 Jan 2010, 10:53
Looks like more snow forecast in the south for Wednesday, although seems to be lighter the further you get into the south east corner; so whilst I'm expecting another dump in Reading, Kent looks like it might get away with a light dusting. Well, fingers crossed, eh?
#734162 by mcuth
12 Jan 2010, 13:05
quote:Originally posted by Pete
so whilst I'm expecting another dump in Reading

TMI! TMI! TMI! [:$]

[:D]

Cheers
Michael
#734172 by tontybear
12 Jan 2010, 14:11
Just lookd on the Eurostar Website and it .looks like services are almost back to normal.

suppose its down to the weather now!

BUT current forecast for Brusells on Sat is for HEAVTY SNOW. With a max tempo of 1 Celsius
#734173 by honey lamb
12 Jan 2010, 14:30
quote:Originally posted by tontybear
Just lookd on the Eurostar Website and it .looks like services are almost back to normal.

BUT current forecast for Brusells on Sat is for HEAVTY SNOW. With a max tempo of 1 Celsius

Hmmmm! The one I've seen says the opposite [?]
#734187 by Guest
12 Jan 2010, 16:52
quote:Originally posted by honey lamb

They all seem to be unsure although they (i.e. our local stations) are expecting a lot in London. However. I think it is how much (and the type) that falls in Calais and Kent that should be of concern not at either terminus [:?] Having worked in Brussels, I never had in issue with trains (or any other form of transport) encountering difficulties due to the weather unlike what seems to happend this side of the water.
#734285 by Tinkerbelle
13 Jan 2010, 13:30
Currently on Eurostar front page:

'From Saturday 16 January onwards, we will run a normal service.'

Fingers crossed!
#734286 by Darren Wheeler
13 Jan 2010, 13:38
Shouldn't that read:

'From Saturday 16 January onwards, we will run a normal service, once those V-Flyers have gone.'?
#734393 by buns
14 Jan 2010, 17:53
quote:Originally posted by honey lamb

Latest BBC Forecast says snow, so best we are prepared. As the song goes 'It may be cold outside......' I suspect we will all be warm inside[:w][:w]

buns
#734394 by Decker
14 Jan 2010, 18:04
Weather.com seem to have a different idea. Be interesting to see who's right!
#734396 by Decker
14 Jan 2010, 18:23
I predict a riot...
#734398 by Pete
14 Jan 2010, 18:55
BBC Forecast for Calias is sleet during the day, and light rain in the evening; so don't suspect that will effect us much.
Virgin Atlantic