A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#261934 by Tinkerbelle
16 Jan 2010, 22:51
Hi everyone

I would just like to take a moment to say thank you for another fantastic day out. Where else could sitting in a crowded non-moving train carriage outside Ashford International be so much fun??!!

Sorry if I didn't get a chance to talk to everyone - it seemed so much busier than last year!! Also sorry if I didn't get a chance to say goodbye to everyone properly at St Pancras but I had to do a mad dash back to Paddington to catch a train home.

Once again a huge thanks to Nick for organising everything!!!

Roll on PCP 2011- Disneyland Paris!!!!!

[:X]
#734543 by Sealink
16 Jan 2010, 23:34
It was fab. I've never heard signalling problems get a cheer before! But who would want the train journey to end?

I am so up for Disney next year.
A morning of champagne then rollercoaster! Yay!

Billah!
#734544 by buns
17 Jan 2010, 00:03
Mrs Buns & I would like to add our thanks to Nick for organising the Train Tickets and Polo Shirts[y]

I think this was a shorter journey this year (even with the going back on ourselves bit[:D]) hence the inability to have lengthy conversations with everyone[:#] so apologies anyone we did not get to speak to

Thanks to everyone for making it such a fabulous day

buns
#734546 by tontybear
17 Jan 2010, 00:44
Oh god ! I was a bit (i.e. very (ok totally sh1t)) scared of coming but boy am I glad I did!

What a totally mad, bad and dangerous to know lot you are but you were all very friendly and very welcoming - and that was just on the way there. I think we totally scared the driver when he came throgh our carriage (if I need to send an email to eurostar to get him some danger oney then I will!).

I made some lovely, lovely friends today and had a very silly but also very enjoyable day.

What an amazing but diverse group we are !

Chris xxx

(ps tonty is back on the sofa and is waggling his paws!)
#734555 by HighFlyer
17 Jan 2010, 09:40
Thanks to Nick for his organisation skills and for pulling of another great V-Flyer social and thanks to everybody who attended, brought Champagne and shared in the mischief. I hope everybody had fun, despite the weather?

Thanks,
Sarah
#734556 by Jacki
17 Jan 2010, 09:43
Thank you Nick for organising yesterday. I'd read about previous PCP V-Flyer trips and it certainly lived up to the pre-publicity. It was brilliant fun and the confused look on the train manager as he walked through the full on party carriage past Pete with his cocktail bar laid out in front of him will stay with me for a very long time. Great party, amazing company, very few pictures of Brussels though!
#734575 by Vegascrazy
17 Jan 2010, 13:06
Absolutely fabulous, simply the best! What else can I say other than huge thanks to Nick for his co-ordination on the Eurostar side of things and Buns' great organisation of the curry on Friday night. Lovely to see you all....roll on the next social [:D] James
#734591 by Decker
17 Jan 2010, 15:53
Thanks to Nick for his organisational skills and to all my fellow VFers for making it the stunning success it was...
#734600 by Guest
17 Jan 2010, 17:22
Thankyou Nick and Andy fit organising such an excellent trip. Had an excellent time. Roll on the next one, especially with Pete and his cocktail shaker xx
#734604 by iforres1
17 Jan 2010, 17:54
Pure dead brilliant, pure magic and just pure mental.
Cheers everyone for making it a day to remember.
Oh and atoms are just so boring[:p]

And the unexpected stop just half a mile from my house in Ashford was so so funny. We had the only driver who missed an entire station.

Iain
#734619 by mcuth
17 Jan 2010, 20:50
Yes, I'd like to add many many thanks from Karen and myself to both Nick and Andy for their wonderful organisation skills and to everyone else for making it another fantastic PCP [y][y]

Fabulous to be amongst good company and great friends old & new - tremendous weekend, roll on next year! [:)]

Cheers
Michael
#734621 by honey lamb
17 Jan 2010, 21:01
Yes, thanks from me too. Nick and Andy your efforts are much appreciated and gave rise to a wonderful trip with old and new friends.

And thanks to everybody just for being there and so much fun! Mind you, the champers helped too [:D]

[oo][^][oo][^][oo][^][y][y][y]
#734622 by RichardMannion
17 Jan 2010, 21:09
I will upload some of the photos soon, just waiting for the 9pm watershed to pass...
#734623 by buns
17 Jan 2010, 21:33
quote:Originally posted by RichardMannion
I will upload some of the photos soon, just waiting for the 9pm watershed to pass...

Time for me to pay an appropriate fee to prevent publication then[:I][:I]

What is the going rate Richard and will it increase as 9pm approaches???

buns
#734627 by Jacki
17 Jan 2010, 22:02
There is a picture of Richard with his Babycham bottle which should help [:w]
#734741 by Wolves27
18 Jan 2010, 23:44
As usual... classic V-Flyer!

Cheers Nick!

Dean
#734796 by JAT74L
19 Jan 2010, 19:43
An absolute BA*T**D that I missed this YET again due to last minute work issues. At least they agreed to refund my LHR - GLA flight. . wow!

John
#734803 by buns
19 Jan 2010, 20:24
quote:Originally posted by JAT74L
An absolute BA*T**D that I missed this YET again due to last minute work issues. At least they agreed to refund my LHR - GLA flight. . wow!

John

We could have done with you when the signalman sent us down the wrong track and the travel had to run through the train to take us back to Ashford to pick up passengers - would have saved him coming all the way through 17 carriages[}:)][}:)]

buns
Virgin Atlantic