A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#735871 by tontybear
31 Jan 2010, 21:43
what happened in Brussels STAYS in Brussels (and that includes the journey there and back)
#735883 by Jacki
01 Feb 2010, 04:58
quote:Originally posted by tontybear
what happened in Brussels STAYS in Brussels (and that includes the journey there and back)

Glad to see the 'hush' payments are working! [:w]
#735894 by iforres1
01 Feb 2010, 11:21
KC,

I have taken one of our kids to a couple of VF socials when he was younger, but for this type of trip I would not recommend it. Only for the reason it is a very long day.

Iain
#735922 by tontybear
01 Feb 2010, 18:06
Jackie I am still waiting for them !

Seriously KC it depends on their age etc.

It was a very long day ( having to meet up at St Pancras at 08.00 and not getting back until 21.00 - and that dosent include getting to / from St Pancras).

Plus whilst we wern't badly behaved we were fairly (ok VERY) noisy and basically having a good time which little ones might not have appreciated. Plus there is the fact of meeting 40 new people all at once.!
#735923 by Tinkerbelle
01 Feb 2010, 18:32
As well as all the bottles of alcoholic fizz littering the carriage...
#735924 by Darren Wheeler
01 Feb 2010, 18:37
Just to clarify, all V-Flyer socials are open to all full (i.e. paid-up) members regardless of age.

From the help section.

quote:
Many V-Flyer members get together socially, and there are often V-Flyer events and gatherings. Details of these events, past and future, can be found in the Social Events Forum. Members may plan and announce events on that forum. Events announced on V-Flyer must be open to all community members (no single sex events or age dependent gatherings for example). In addition, it is worth pointing out that V-Flyer is not a dating service, and posts of that nature will be removed. The Social Events forum is visible to full members only.
#735945 by ChuckC
02 Feb 2010, 01:15
quote:Originally posted by kevincroft
how was the brussels trip? havent seen any reports posted. would kids be allowed on any trips next time?[:D][:D]

Kevin, I didn't make it across the Pond for this year's event; however, from having attended last year's Paris journey I agree with iforres1 -- it's a long day. Plus there tends to be mostly adult conversation and a fair amount of liquid socializing throughout the day.

For the kid's maximum enjoyment, have a look at some of the other events that V-Flyer organizes throughout the year.

Hope to meet you at one of our future events.

Regards,
Chuck-
#735947 by Decker
02 Feb 2010, 01:23
Pedant that I am.... non paid-up members are welcome on socials, they are just not entitled to view the Social Events Forum.... (thinking of SOs etc)
Virgin Atlantic