A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#262399 by Nottingham Nick
22 Feb 2010, 06:52
Following the various slight hiccups we had on our journey, and in a vain attempt to get those who dropped out some money back - I sent a polite letter to Eurostar.

After a bit of correspondence, I got the following reply. It is fairly self explanatory, if anyone wants to take advantage of their offer, I assume you can do it direct. If this isn't the case, then let me know and I will try and help.

Comments welcomed.

Nick

Dear Mr Harris,
Thank you for contacting us. We are very sorry that you were caught up in the disruption to our services in early January.

Since the extreme delays which occurred on the night of the 18th December, we have been receiving an unprecedented number of letters, e-mails and phone calls from customers. We want to reply to everyone as quickly as we possibly can.

I am aware that you are likely to have had a very frustrating experience on 6th January. For this I am also very sorry but would like to reassure you that we have done everything possible to ensure that our travellers are looked after. This includes sending extra staff to our stations, extending the opening hours of our contact centre and updating our website and the media regularly with any new information we have available.

Your original tickets are valid for a 50% discount on future travel with Eurostar for each person travelling, to be booked within 12 months of the incident date, subject to availability. The discount can also be used to travel one way, for free. As some trains are more popular than others, and to maximise the options available to you, we suggest contacting us at least three weeks before you want to travel (you can book most journeys up to 120 days in advance). Please therefore retain your tickets for when you are ready, or if you do not have them keep a note of your booking details PNR QNCPXL, and then call us on 01777 777 879 to make your booking.

Regarding your request for a refund of the tickets for the travellers who where unable to make this journey, you will have to contact your original point of sale and se if they can as an exceptional gesture arrange this for you.

Kind regards,
#737404 by Darren Wheeler
22 Feb 2010, 08:41
Thanks Nick.

Is it just me or have they just lumped us with the 'disruption by weather' rather than addressing the hour spent around Ashford due to being put on the wrong track?
#737405 by mcuth
22 Feb 2010, 08:57
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
Is it just me or have they just lumped us with the 'disruption by weather' rather than addressing the hour spent around Ashford due to being put on the wrong track?

Seems like it to me [ii]

50% off is ok I guess, just means you have to book another Eurostar trip at some point in the next 8.5 months.....

Cheers
Michael
#737435 by Darren Wheeler
22 Feb 2010, 13:38
quote:Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
Erm summer party to Paris anyone??

The plan has merit..
#737447 by mcuth
22 Feb 2010, 14:29
quote:Originally posted by Darren Wheeler
quote:Originally posted by Tinkerbelle
Erm summer party to Paris anyone??

The plan has merit..

Afraid it doesn't for me & SWMBO - 3.5 months working away during the week (starting next week), and a wedding to sort out 3 months after that finishes.... Not forgetting the stuff we've already got planned over the summer! [B)]

Cheers
Michael
Virgin Atlantic