A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#740042 by p17blo
18 Mar 2010, 19:12
Firstly, wow, pop away for what seems like a few days and everything changes! (Cue a plethora of responses telling me it's been like this for AGES) - Anyway, looks like the number of areas has been reduced so I am not sure where to post this - If it's in the wrong place I am sure a nice mod will move it for me.

Right, I am taking a friend to London for the day next Thursday and I wanted to do something typically London - Cosmopolitan London that is - I would like to take them to experience a Sheesha Cafe. Do any of you have any recommendations?

I am travelling by train into Euston before tubing/taxi (Delete as time allows) to Old Bond Street then possibly to Sloane Sq. My research shows me the best place is Edgeware Road (Which I can easily get to) but I would really like a personal recommendation. We aim to go there around midday so anywhere that serves some light lunch would be preferable, although I am not sure of my travelling companions like of typical food served in Sheesha Cafes.

You help is greatly anticipated and appreciated.

Paul
#740830 by p17blo
27 Mar 2010, 12:08
Well I am sure you can imagine it took me an absolute age to wade through the plethora of responses :) - However, I have now been down to the London for the day and went to a Sheesha Cafe I had researched on the net so I thought I would feed this back in case anyone else was interesred.

We went to Momo Cafe, 25 Heddon Street, Just off regent street. What a great experience. Despite the fact that it rained (and obviously you need to sit outside when ordering Sheeshas) it was fab.

Heddon St is a small pedestrianised street looping behind the lower part of Regent Street. Momo was an exquistly arabic themed Cafe/Bar/Restaurant with an outside seating area partially hidden by potted plants and bushes. They have a small but very tasty menu serving Cold food, Hot Wraps, Desserts and a selection of Soft, Alcoholic and Cocktail drinks.

The flavoured Sheeshas cost £18 and are primed when brought to the table and supplied with 2 disposible mouth pieces. Ours lastest nearly two hours although we weren't using this constantly throughout.

Food wise we ordered Pita and Houmous, Lamb Wrap, Tea (English Breakfast) and a diet coke. The tea was served in a silver teapot with a small glass and I could taste the cinnamon from one of the other flavoured tea, but as I quite like cinnamon this was fine for me.

All in all we spent just over 2 hours at Momo and had a second round of drinks - Our total bill was £42, which isn't bad in the heart of the west end of London.

Anyway, I highly recommend this venue. The staff are very pleasant (mostly french) and the atmosphere very inviting.

Oh, btw, I said that it was raining when we were at Momo's - You will be please to know they have extendable covers and patio heaters so the rain didn't bother us at all.

Paul
#741542 by brit7070
02 Apr 2010, 21:41
thanks for recomendation

sounds great im a great fan off sheesha and regularly holdaiy in dubai for the simple reason i can stretch out on the beach at the hilton catch some rays, and enjoy the wonders that are sheesha!!!