A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#741686 by miopyk
04 Apr 2010, 16:31
We were thinking of having a go at this in WDW at the end of the month although it seems quite expensive. Has anyone on here done it and if so what were your thoughts?

Miopyk 8D
#741694 by DragonLady
04 Apr 2010, 17:22
Whilst I've not done it at WDW I've done the Richard Petty experience at Daytona. One word - AWESOME :D :D . Not cheap as you say, but something you'll not forget. I whooped my way around the track (apparently at 160+ mph :D :D ) .Any reason to do it at WDW and not Daytona? Lots of other things to see at the Daytona track too.
DL
#741726 by willd
04 Apr 2010, 21:59
Depends on ones experience of racing cars really.

My brother has a racing licence and races single seaters in the UK. Being a poor student he cant afford to do it as often as he would like so my parents looked into and decided that it was bit, dare I say it, tame.

It is expensive and from speaking to others who have done similar driving experiences at Silverstone, Mercedez Benz World, Porsche Driving Centre etc in the UK as well as the Petty one the general view was that there is too much "safety" around the WDW experience. And of course the car you are given is not very exotic either.

Sorry to put a downer on it, IMHO you are better off saving your pennies and doing it in the UK. And IIRC its only an oval track, ie its more NASCAR than F1.

However if you are a racing fan then I do recommend the NASCAR experience at Daytona.
#741750 by miopyk
05 Apr 2010, 10:01
Thanks for your replies, in my time I've owned and driven all sorts of exotica and being a bit of a petrol head I saw this and thought I'd give it a go. However I didn't want to do it and feel let down by the experience. On the basis of your replies I think I'll give it a miss and maybe look at doing a day trip to Daytona.

Thanks

Miopyk 8D
#745003 by iforres1
04 May 2010, 09:00
Although not Richard Petty, later this month (24th) I am off to the Ferrari Driving school at Maranello to play with some nice shiny red cars, I will let you know how that experience is when I get back.

Iain
Virgin Atlantic