A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#2635 by csparker
17 Sep 2004, 22:03
In the post today...
VA needs no excuse to hold a party! [don't we know it] So we are delighted to invite you and your guest to join us at The Cinnamon Club for an experience not to be missed.

And so it goes on. I'll spare the details as I am sure VS Events won't be too happy if we publish the date and e-mail address.

Usual deal - first come first served. So who's going?

BTW I was on a VS flight last Feb with a couple of guys who were going over to look for locations for the Cinnamon Club in NY. Not sure if / when it opens(ed), and if them being on VS was a result of a broader relationship between Virgin and the Cinnamon Club. There was certainly a VS staffer on the same flight who was sinking a few with the guys.
#41494 by RichardMannion
19 Sep 2004, 19:49
Arrived home yesterday to a stack of mail (snail and e) and a raft of topics here on V-Flyer to read thru! One of the items of mail was indeed an invite.

I sent off my request for a ticket within about 5 minutes of opening the item of mail :)

Will have to wait to see if I am successful in getting a ticket.

Thanks,
Richard
#41824 by eurohill
24 Sep 2004, 00:02
We had confirmation today that we had been successful for a place and from the web site it looks an interesting venue to hold this event.
#41860 by csparker
24 Sep 2004, 15:08
Bummer - serves me right for waiting...
quote:Dear flying club member,

Unfortunately, the Cinnamon club event on ********** is at present fully subscribed. We have however placed you and a guest on the reserve list and should spaces become available, we will contact you immediately.

Sorry to disappoint you at this stage.

Kind regards

flying club
#41873 by RichardMannion
24 Sep 2004, 16:55
The people on the first wave on invitations were customers that had used the DEL route in the past.

Thanks,
Richard
#42000 by Jonathan S
27 Sep 2004, 09:51
I had my invitation a couple of weeks ago - and have never flown to Delhi - but will certainly fly to Mombai should the service start...
#42043 by RichardMannion
27 Sep 2004, 21:48
My place+guest has been confirmed too - Thanks VS!

So Eurohill, will see you there!

Thanks,
Richard
#42050 by Decker
28 Sep 2004, 00:29
Kewl - c u there Richard... makes Mrs D a lot happier to know we'll "know" people there!
Virgin Atlantic