A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#835073 by Concorde RIP
16 Jan 2013, 15:19
So tempted to join you guys - if my Easter trip to Florida doesn't happen, I might try to join at the last minute if that's acceptable to all?

And, I'll test VS domestic policy on a guide dog in the cabin!!!!! (deep intake of breath by a few that didn't know!)
#835083 by Pete
16 Jan 2013, 18:13
Sealink wrote:Virgin Trains have confirmed they haven't loaded fares for that weekend yet. Fares loaded up to 29 March. I still might fly up...

If they do load sensibly-priced first class fares, I might ditch tickets I have changing in Stoke On Trent and go for the direct. Good to have a fall-back plan though.
#835194 by jwhite9185
17 Jan 2013, 20:09
Having been to both the airport pub and the Runway bar at the Radisson, the Radisson is the better bet. The airport pub is a little run down to say the least and a bit out of the way too. Theres a decent view from the Radisson bar if I remember correctly.
#835195 by northernhenry
17 Jan 2013, 20:29
Concorde RIP wrote:So tempted to join you guys - if my Easter trip to Florida doesn't happen, I might try to join at the last minute if that's acceptable to all?

And, I'll test VS domestic policy on a guide dog in the cabin!!!!! (deep intake of breath by a few that didn't know!)

Does your dog get FC miles? As a travelling animal?
#835274 by Concorde RIP
18 Jan 2013, 14:42
northernhenry wrote:
Concorde RIP wrote:So tempted to join you guys - if my Easter trip to Florida doesn't happen, I might try to join at the last minute if that's acceptable to all?

Does your dog get FC miles? As a travelling animal?

NH - what a fantastic thought, that hadn't occurred to me....can you imagine the confusion at Crawley Towers were I to write in and ask?

Oh wait, there's no household account!!!

They might have the ever valuable "pet packs" though!!!
#836211 by RedVee
28 Jan 2013, 17:03
Hello All,

I need to make a decision soon about whether I'm definitely coming on the Saturday night or not, its a bit close to "E" day* :0

Althought I would like to say au revoir to some lovely v-flyer peeps, TBH the Tatton Pub is not something I'd go out of my way for, neither would a night of vertical drinking appeal :)

The Hilton restaurant is just so so, not bad but not good either, and a bit expensive for drinks. The Radisson (restuarant or brasserie) is probably the best, still more expensive than a pub but the quality is better.

If the consensus is just for drinks at the pub that's OK, I know the flight is the main event, it just makes it an easier decision for me.

*emigration day
#836225 by Sealink
28 Jan 2013, 19:58
VegasFlyer wrote:Booked an N code ticket for this yesterday for £47.55.

I won't be joining you the night before but will see you at the gate. Has anyone done an inaugural before? Any idea what to expect?

Richard Branson dressed as a lady.

Or nothing at all. We have used the inaugral flight to double as a V-Flyer social.

That reminds me, when online check in opens will we aim to be close together?
#836470 by VegasFlyer
30 Jan 2013, 21:43
Sealink wrote:
VegasFlyer wrote:Booked an N code ticket for this yesterday for £47.55.

I won't be joining you the night before but will see you at the gate. Has anyone done an inaugural before? Any idea what to expect?

Richard Branson dressed as a lady.

Or nothing at all. We have used the inaugral flight to double as a V-Flyer social.

That reminds me, when online check in opens will we aim to be close together?

If he is not dressed up as a lady I am going to be very dissapointed!!

Don't they sometimes get a couple of fire trucks to do like a water arch for the aircraft on inaugral flights?
#836525 by Pete
31 Jan 2013, 19:36
I see Virgin Trains have finally loaded some reasonable first class pricing. I'm almost tempted to ditch my (very cheap) London Midland / Cross Country tickets and go non-stop with Virgin.

What time are London-based people planning to head up?
#836558 by slinky09
31 Jan 2013, 22:36
I'm game for a V Trains First Class ticket up to MAN on the Saturday ... Pete what time are you looking at? As for dinner / drinks I am with the wisdom of the crowd, I like the idea of the view from the Radisson though.

As for inaugurals it really depends on what VS does - for example the CUN one that I went on was several weeks after the route actually started - and it was a BIG deal.
#836672 by Sealink
02 Feb 2013, 10:36
Pete wrote:Bullet bitten. I'm on the 1pm train out of Euston. Coach J. £38 (since I already have a ticket from Manchester to the airport, I saved myself a whole pound! Yahoo!).

Pete

I booked that train too. Coach J was allocated.

I am sure I can change it on board.
#836681 by slinky09
02 Feb 2013, 12:02
1 pm train booked for me, seems to have given me a horrid seat, anyone know how I can change it?
#836683 by cooperman
02 Feb 2013, 12:18
slinky09 wrote:1 pm train booked for me, seems to have given me a horrid seat, anyone know how I can change it?

Call VirginTains on 0844 556 5650 and quote your booking reference.
I have managed to change seats twice doing this.
Look at the seat map before you call them. http://www.virgintrains.co.uk/assets/pd ... g-plan.pdf

Enjoy your trip and I'll see you where ever we decide to meet

Paul
#836687 by Pete
02 Feb 2013, 13:27
slinky09 wrote:1 pm train booked for me, seems to have given me a horrid seat, anyone know how I can change it?

In my experience, especially at weekends, there will be whole carriages of first practically empty - so we can gather in one of the other coaches once on board. All the seats have a note above them to say whether they are reserved or not, so we can grab one or two of the tables (depending on how many of us end up on that 1pm train).

Dare say we can all meet up in the Virgin 1st Class lounge at Euston beforehand. The site of many a V-Flyer gathering ;-)
#836821 by NV43
04 Feb 2013, 10:38
Just back from a whirlwind tour of Los Angleles, Las Vegas and Colorado; I don't know how I missed this but we've booked flights on 31st March and look forward to meeting and greeting on the previous evening.

Aiming to stay at the Radisson Blu.
#837355 by slinky09
09 Feb 2013, 08:01
Does anyone have a roll call of who's who now? I see NV43 +1 and Mr Decker added to the list, which is great ...

Not sure also if consensus had been reached on Saturday evening entertainment ...
Virgin Atlantic