A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#847372 by joeyc
03 Jun 2013, 23:01
I'm Au, but always up for a social :D .

I think the prob was simple, with changing schedules people had to cancel last minute. Fair play, it happens, I know my calendar fluctuates most of the time.

Perhaps weekend socials are the way forward with weekday meets being the informal ones Sealink speaks of for whomever is around :?

Always good to meet the people behind the posts 8D
#847387 by gfonk
04 Jun 2013, 06:26
Sealink wrote:I am out and about in London regularly and am always up for a pint or two. Of coffee ;-)

Joeyc that's a good one lol
I'm still new to v-flyer so not too sure about the etiquette yet but could I arrange a coffee?
#847473 by CHill710
05 Jun 2013, 03:27
gfonk wrote:
Sealink wrote:I am out and about in London regularly and am always up for a pint or two. Of coffee ;-)

I'm still new to v-flyer so not too sure about the etiquette yet but could I arrange a coffee?

Go for it. If you name a date time and location I am sure a few of us v-flyers will be available.
#847479 by gfonk
05 Jun 2013, 06:28
CHill710 wrote:
gfonk wrote:

Go for it. If you name a date time and location I am sure a few of us v-flyers will be available.

Great! :-) thanks sealink
I have an end of year exam at end of this month but will propose a date after that. Would be cool to meet some of the faces behind the posts.
#847492 by Sealink
05 Jun 2013, 10:15
Be prepared for a shock.

I can't speak on behalf of the others but meeting me is like the opposite of the Virgin advert.

Actually, I'm the guy who spills ketchup on his shirt.

;-)
#847493 by gfonk
05 Jun 2013, 10:16
Sorry that was meant to be thanks also to CHill710
#847494 by gfonk
05 Jun 2013, 10:18
Sealink wrote:Be prepared for a shock.

I can't speak on behalf of the others but meeting me is like the opposite of the Virgin advert.

Actually, I'm the guy who spills ketchup on his shirt.

;-)

funny!! ^)

are most of the regulars working in London?
#847659 by DragonLady
06 Jun 2013, 18:53
gfonk wrote:

Regular posters or attenders?
A good few posters live in London/SE or are able to get into London reasonably easily.
However, some of us live further afield and this makes travelling into London impossible on a week night ( and not always easy at a weekend either).
I haven't been to any of the recent social events primarily for this reason but managed a couple of River Boat Shuffles some years back ( and great fun they were too :) Thanks Bazz ).
Something non -London centric would be nice for a change :D.
DL
#847666 by Neil
06 Jun 2013, 20:27
DragonLady wrote:
gfonk wrote:

A good few posters live in London/SE or are able to get into London reasonably easily.
However, some of us live further afield and this makes travelling into London impossible on a week night ( and not always easy at a weekend either).
I haven't been to any of the recent social events primarily for this reason but managed a couple of River Boat Shuffles some years back ( and great fun they were too :) Thanks Bazz ).
DL

Yes London is difficult for us that aren't close. We have done socials in Manchester and York fairly recently and maybe another Northern based one is due soon!
#847672 by gfonk
06 Jun 2013, 21:17
DragonLady wrote:
gfonk wrote:

DL

Both I guess. I also live nearer to Cambridge but work in London.

I would be happy to attend a social a bit further north someday.
Virgin Atlantic