A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#3016 by Pete
21 Oct 2004, 01:21
Just back from the Cinnamon Club 'do', and I have to congratulate Virgin on another top class event.

Met up with Chris (eurohill) and Andrew (Decker) plus some of the top brass from VAA, and had a very enjoyable evening. Since I was not on the offical invitation list, I was playing 'Mrs Mannion' for the evening (or should that be 'Lady Mannion'?;) - very difficult to keep up with the landed gentry)

Anyway, top marks to Virgin for a great event. Great choice of venue; good nosh and really nice people. Thanks for the hospitality.

Pix
#43807 by pegitt
21 Oct 2004, 03:21
quote:Originally posted by pixuk
I was playing 'Mrs Mannion' for the evening (or should that be 'Lady Mannion'?;) - very difficult to keep up with the landed gentry)

I hope you wore a suitable dress:D

Glad you guy's had a good time any sign of SRB[?]

Cheers

Phil
#43808 by Decker
21 Oct 2004, 08:37
Well Mrs D and I left comfortably early as I'm off BMIing today (hmm 3 weeks since my complaint letter to their customer services and not a peep from them) but he wasn't there by the time we left.

Can only echo what Pix says, great evening, good atmosphere and lovely company. Nice to meet another Au couple too - although following on from Pix's post perhaps Richard and himself could count temporarily!

Thanks terribly nice Virgin people!
#43832 by eurohill
21 Oct 2004, 14:31
Unfortunately unable to supply any pictures of Lord & Lady Mannion. Although they were taking photographs of couples on a double bed, Richard & pix were not up for this!

Would add it was a great evening, nice people and a big thank you to the Virgin staff that organised such a great event
#43836 by Jonathan
21 Oct 2004, 14:59
I wasn't one of the fortunate few but still looking forward to seeing the pix!! no pun intended Pete!
#43972 by RichardMannion
22 Oct 2004, 12:44
Top event! I think most of what I wanted to say has been said already - good to meet one of the new boys in town too, and was very impressed.

The person who was meant to be my guest until pix gatecrashed was not impressed when she realised what she had missed, my gift bag that I go at the end of the evening has been depleted as a starter of apology - I can see this is going to cost me a dinner, at least...

Thanks,
Richard
Virgin Atlantic