A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#68939 by Bazz
09 Jul 2005, 18:45
Originally posted by buns4vs
Is the new arrival time in any way associated with "additional supplies" that the aircraft may have to carry;)[}:)];)

buns

LOL :D:D:D You mean those extra cases of Champagne, etc., Andrew, I guess that could slow it down quite a bit, always slows me down anyway ;)

I got the call too, as has been said above, nice of them to call and let us know in advance rather than get the news at the airport, well done VS [y]
#69165 by onionz
12 Jul 2005, 12:53
Originally posted by onionz
Originally posted by mitchja
Just had a call from VS regarding the VS20 on the 12th Nov. It now has a new arrival time of 10:55 (on the 13th Nov) into LHR (was 10:30).

Nice of VS to take the time to call me and let me now :)

Regards

They haven't called me yet - and that flight has now disappeared from the Manage My Flights section on the website. Hmmm..probably no need to panic at this stage...[:0]

A quick email to VS and yet again they have responded quickly and very efficently. They advised me of the new timings and confirmed I should now be able to see it in MMF, which I can [y].

Phew!
#69258 by GraemeK
13 Jul 2005, 17:16
ok i may well be on yet another RTW and have the chance to stop off in Vegas, so will check the schedule of events when you lot get round to posting it !
#69264 by Pete
13 Jul 2005, 17:42
GK, you would make a very welcome addition to the party.

Pete
#69292 by ChuckC
14 Jul 2005, 02:25
Trying to manage the time that I can be in Vegas. Would very much like to be there for the group dinner. At this point, are we thinking that would be on the Thursday evening?

Chuck-

Self-edited to redirect readers to Decker's timely poll in Las Vegas Forum on this very subject!
#71480 by Pete
30 Jul 2005, 19:42
As of tonight, there will be less than 100 days to go before the official start of Viva Las V-Flyer - the Las Vegas Social. For some, the activities start even sooner than that ;)

Las Vegas is a big place, so no shortage of room for more to join us for what is shaping up to be one of the biggest events in the V-Flyer Calendar, ever!

We'll be taking in the best of Las Vegas, including group tours, dining and wrapping up with a party at the SFO Clubhouse prior to a flight to remember on the VS020, 12th November 2005.

If you're a V-Flyer Social 'Virgin', then don't feel afraid to dip your toe in the water. There is no charge to attend (although obviously your own travel arrangements, accomodation & food is up to you) - and we have arranged some stunning rates at the Stratosphere Hotel in Las Vegas - $45 per night - about 25 quid!. The Strat will also be our base for the week, though there is no obligation to stay there.

Most V-Flyers will be arriving in Vegas from the 6th November; and you are welcome to join us for all or part of the event up until our flight home on the 12th.

Pete
#71614 by iforres1
01 Aug 2005, 08:38
Pete,

Do we need a pre-vegas meeting to practice blue drinks:D

Mcuth can do the training;)

Iain
#71664 by Bazz
01 Aug 2005, 16:44
That would be the Frequent Virgins Party Iain, most of the Vegas crowd will be in attendance ;)
#72347 by mcuth
06 Aug 2005, 00:45
This is, after all the umming and ahhhing, where I now officially throw my hat into the ring for "VFS VI" (and after 2 bottles of Mouton Cadet, it's remakable my hat will go anywhere!), keeping my "ever-present" record :D

Yes, it'll actually be the 6th official social event - bowling @ LHR Jun 04, boat trip Sept 04, post-Xmas bash Jan 05, boat trip Jul 05, FV party Oct 05, then LAS Nov 05 [y][y] Are we socialites, or just drunkards? You decide ;)

Cheers

Michael
#72348 by onionz
06 Aug 2005, 00:52
Excellent news Mcuth! [y]

Quick query: does the FV party count as a V-Flyer social as it has not been organised by a V-Flyer? Also, i am not presently attending, so it can't qualify...;)
#72349 by mcuth
06 Aug 2005, 01:04
Excellent news Mcuth! [y]

I thought so too :D

Quick query: does the FV party count as a V-Flyer social as it has not been organised by a V-Flyer? Also, i am not presently attending, so it can't qualify...;)

Of course it counts as a social :D Whilst the party itself hasn't been organised by a V-F member, the V-F attendance has ;) Of course, if you want to be really technical about it, LAS should really be VFS VII and only me & Jonathan with perfect attendance records, sice we were at Farnborough last year too :D

Cheers

Michael
#72350 by preiffer
06 Aug 2005, 01:12
Originally posted by mcuth
if you want to be really technical about it, LAS should really be VFS VII and only me & Jonathan with perfect attendance records, sice we were at Farnborough last year too :D
Oh, and NOW the "social hierarchy" rises to the surface... [:0]

Nasty... ;):D
#72352 by buns
06 Aug 2005, 01:13
Michael

Of course, if you want to be really technical about it, LAS should really be VFS VII and only me & Jonathan with perfect attendance records, since we were at Farnborough last year too

I suppose you want a medal then:D

Great news that you will be able to join us - it would not have been the same without you

(who is going to tell VS they havn't got enough - whatever!!)

buns
#72354 by onionz
06 Aug 2005, 01:22

Of course it counts as a social :D Whilst the party itself hasn't been organised by a V-F member, the V-F attendance has ;)

Won't V-F attendance anywhere always be organised by a V-F member?[:p] I met Matt in the Clubhouse in May - wasn't that VFS IV then?:D

Of course, if you want to be really technical about it, LAS should really be VFS VII and only me & Jonathan with perfect attendance records, sice we were at Farnborough last year too :D

What about the Virgin Summer Party? Lots of V-Flyers attended that and met up! Not that I wish to split hairs over this...[8D]
#72357 by mcuth
06 Aug 2005, 01:27
Originally posted by preiffer
Oh, and NOW the "social hierarchy" rises to the surface... [:0]

Nasty... ;):D

LOL - not my fault if the meet is arranged and no-one turns up :D

I suppose you want a medal then:D]

Well, if there's one going....:D

Great news that you will be able to join us - it would not have been the same without you

Awwww - thanks mate [:I] Must admit, I was tinged with jealousy knowing you'd all be out in two of my fave places, lording it up and supping my blue drinks...;)

(who is going to tell VS they havn't got enough - whatever!!)

Must admit, I wouldn't want to be in charge of loading for the 20 on 12th Nov - ROTFL! :D

Won't V-F attendance anywhere always be organised by a V-F member?[:p] I met Matt in the Clubhouse in May - wasn't that VFS IV then?:D

Were we all invoted invited (stupid Mouton Cadet!) to that meet up then? :D

What about the Virgin Summer Party? Lots of V-Flyers attended that and met up! Not that I wish to split hairs over this...[8D]

Actually, I'd give you that one :)

Cheers

Michael
#72360 by onionz
06 Aug 2005, 01:32

Were we all invoted to that meet up then? :D

Of course - that was implicit in mine and Matt's itinerary postings in the calendar and the open invitation that is extended in such circumstances [:p].
#72361 by mcuth
06 Aug 2005, 01:35
Of course - that was implicit in mine and Matt's itinerary postings in the calendar and the open invitation that is extended in such circumstances [:p].

Funny, but all I see there is "blah blah blah blah blah" :D:D

Cheers

Michael
#72362 by onionz
06 Aug 2005, 01:50

Funny, but all I see there is "blah blah blah blah blah" :D:D

That'll be the Mouton Cadet again.
#72364 by mcuth
06 Aug 2005, 01:54
That'll be the Mouton Cadet again.

In this instance, I'm sure that's only part of the equation :D:D

Cheers

Michael
#72376 by Decker
06 Aug 2005, 10:54
Not forgetting the significant VF presence at the open invitation Pam Anne gig.... [8D]
#72396 by mcuth
06 Aug 2005, 14:29
Originally posted by Decker
Not forgetting the significant VF presence at the open invitation Pam Anne gig.... [8D]

:D

Ok, ok, I'll withdraw here - maybe it should only be gigs where over 10 V-Fs are joined together in alcohol then? :D

Cheers

Michael
#72404 by Bazz
06 Aug 2005, 15:48
So will the Virgin CH party in SFO on the 12th count as one then? What about the Party Plane, VS020, that must count too! [y]:D;)[:o)]
#72406 by buns
06 Aug 2005, 15:55
I am going to run out of fingers before too long;) - why don't we just say we are now into double figures and call it quits[?]

How about nominating an official "archivist" who will be the definative decider of what counts. ( suggest that Pete is the final arbiter in any event:D)

Whatever way, it is nice to be able to meet up with such good people - I have gained so much by being at the previous social events[y][y]

buns
#72413 by RichardMannion
06 Aug 2005, 16:10
I thought it only counted as a social if Pix turns up....

or is just me? :)

Thanks,
Richard
#72415 by buns
06 Aug 2005, 16:14
Richard

I thought it only counted as a social if Pix turns up....

or is just me?

Do you mean if you turn up, it qualifies as a social[?][}:)];)[?]

buns
Virgin Atlantic