A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#72429 by buns
06 Aug 2005, 16:55
Richard

I fully agree - Pix is the determining factor - no question!!

buns
#81156 by Pete
16 Oct 2005, 17:25
Originally posted by pixuk
I've knocked up a luggage tag design for those joining us in Las Vegas later this year, available in the V-Flyer Store

[img]http://www.v-flyer.com/lasvegastags.jpg[/img]

Sadly I can't include the gambling chips, cards or other bits used to 'dress' the photo ;)

Pete

Just a quick reminder for those going to Vegas to get your orders in for luggage tags if you want 'em. With just 3 weeks to go, I'm sure you're all already making plans for your packing!

Pete
#81365 by ChuckC
18 Oct 2005, 14:13
Originally posted by buns4vs
I am going to run out of fingers before too long;) - why don't we just say we are now into double figures and call it quits[?]

Buns,
Now there's an idea for the nametags -- Fingers![y][8D]

Chuck-
#81575 by Nottingham Nick
19 Oct 2005, 23:25
Superfast service on the tags, as usual, Pete [y][y]

Thay are spot on.

Many thanks

Nick
#82068 by mcuth
25 Oct 2005, 11:28
Just a quick reminder for those going to Vegas to get your orders in for luggage tags if you want 'em.

Got mine today, they look great, thanks Pete [y][y][y]

Cheers

Michael
#82070 by AlanA
25 Oct 2005, 11:32
I take it that all of the V-Flyers going on this trip will go en masse onto X-Scream?? :D:D
#82079 by Nottingham Nick
25 Oct 2005, 13:52
Originally posted by AlanA
I take it that all of the V-Flyers going on this trip will go en masse onto X-Scream?? :D:D

That is slightly more attractive than the alternative... Paul's tandem parachute jumps ;)[}:)][8D]

Nick
#82113 by Scrooge
25 Oct 2005, 20:01

I dont think so,though if anyone wants to i'll be more than happy to get them tickets..and stand by with the camera...the X-scream has this amazing effect on people[:$]
#82499 by Pete
29 Oct 2005, 02:31
With just a week to go, I thought I'd post a quick update on the activities planned for those still tempted for a last minute getaway.

Monday 7th November:
VS Crew Night at the Crown & Anchor (British Pub) in Las Vegas. The Crown & Anchor are kindly extending their Virgin Atlantic staff discount of 50% on all drinks & food for the night to V-Flyers attending.

Tuesday 8th November:
Day trip to Mojave aircraft graveyard. Jetwet has also arranged for tours onsite.
There's nothing in the official calendar for the evening, but there are groups going to Zumanity @ New York New York and Avenue Q @ Wynn.

Wednesday 9th November:
Group dinner at Fellini's @ The Stratosphere
Although nothing official booked for the day, I'm off on a trip to the Grand Canyon and others are more than welcome to join me.

Thursday 10th November:
Shopping!

Friday 11th November:
There's still some rumors that preiffer is pushing people out of airplanes in the name of 'sport'. Seems to be more volunteers to hold the hats & coats than there are hats & coats...
In the Evening, as many will be in San Francisco, no doubt there will be some bar in town which wished it hadn't heard of V-Flyer. ;)

Saturday 12th November:
"Leaving Do" at the SFO Clubhouse
#82819 by PatDavies
01 Nov 2005, 12:54
Well guys, still nothing on the job front after July's redundancy - so I can't join you on this one[:#][:$]

From what I read here, you'll have a great time.[y]

Have a couple of blue drinks for me
#82843 by ChuckC
01 Nov 2005, 14:41
Originally posted by PatDavies
Well guys, still nothing on the job front after July's redundancy - so I can't join you on this one[:#][:$]

From what I read here, you'll have a great time.[y]

Pat,
We'll certainly miss you and here's to you finding a new job soon.

Regards,
Chuck-
#82901 by mcuth
01 Nov 2005, 21:21

That's a real shame Pat - on both fronts [:(][:(] Hope something turns up for you soon mate.

Am sure there'll be some sort of effort made ;):D

Cheers

Michael
#82907 by PatDavies
01 Nov 2005, 23:09
Am sure there'll be some sort of effort made

ROFLMAO. Thanks for that Michael - cheered me up no end[y]
#83008 by Pete
02 Nov 2005, 20:34
So, does anyone remember when the Las Vegas countdown banner first went up, and there was something like 196 days to go?

:D
#83056 by mcuth
03 Nov 2005, 01:28
ROFLMAO. Thanks for that Michael - cheered me up no end[y]

You're more than welcome Pat, as always ;):D

So, does anyone remember when the Las Vegas countdown banner first went up, and there was something like 196 days to go?

Ah yes, seems like sooo long ago - what about the announcement at the PCP though? That was even longer! Oh man, where has this year gone to? [:0]

Cheers

Michael
#83738 by AlanA
11 Nov 2005, 10:20
OK LROM/Highflyer,

I know that I go round in a little world of my own and mis subtle things like this [:p]
But reading Dave's blog of the trip (Wed 9th, right at the bottom of the page, well, all over the bolg actually :D)
http://www.arewethereyet.org.uk/

Is there something the rest of us V-Flyer types should know?? [:w][:w]
Reading the 15 pages of this thread, it did not even say the HF was going! :D
#83778 by jilly
11 Nov 2005, 17:44
OK LROM/Highflyer,

I know that I go round in a little world of my own and mis subtle things like this [:p]
But reading Dave's blog of the trip (Wed 9th, right at the bottom of the page, well, all over the bolg actually :D)
http://www.arewethereyet.org.uk/

Is there something the rest of us V-Flyer types should know?? [:w][:w]
Reading the 15 pages of this thread, it did not even say the HF was going! :D

I'm with you Alan, either I'm in that same little world as yourself or someone is keeping secrets;)

Come on spill the beans and keep us people in the cold and wet UK entertained.

Jilly
#83779 by Scrooge
11 Nov 2005, 17:53
Well I wouldn't say it's a secret anymore more of a mystery.[:X]
#83783 by AlanA
11 Nov 2005, 18:00
Originally posted by jetwet1

We need answers!
How?
When?
where?
HOW????
:D:D:D:D
#83785 by Scrooge
11 Nov 2005, 18:15

We need answers!
How?
When?
where?
HOW????

Hoenstly guys,thats not for us to answer,if they wish to they will answer any questions.The only thing we can do is wish them well and ask LRoM how he managed to hypnotize LSoM:D
#83787 by AlanA
11 Nov 2005, 18:18

We need answers!
How?
When?
where?
HOW????

Hoenstly guys,thats not for us to answer,if they wish to they will answer any questions.The only thing we can do is wish them well and ask LRoM how he managed to hypnotize LSoM:D

Pix will have to invent a new level of membership, met on V-Flyer! [:p][:p]
#83788 by preiffer
11 Nov 2005, 18:33
Apparently, there are chemicals available in Vegas that can save the 30 minutes of hypnosis time... [}:)][:0]
#83790 by AlanA
11 Nov 2005, 18:38
Originally posted by preiffer
Apparently, there are chemicals available in Vegas that can save the 30 minutes of hypnosis time... [}:)][:0]

Hell'uva Birthday present for LRoM!! [:o)][:o)]
#83793 by mcuth
11 Nov 2005, 19:17
** taken this thread off sticky since the trip is just about over [B)][:(][:(]

Cheers

Michael
Virgin Atlantic