A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#5821 by jm
06 May 2005, 23:31
Will any V-Flyers be riding the "highest centrifuge ride in the world" during the Vegas trip? I read about that ride atop the Stratosphere in Vegas and I have to say that although I once parachuted out of an airplane, that looks too scary for me. [:0] Has anyone on the board already tried it?
#62443 by preiffer
06 May 2005, 23:34
Going to on Monday :D
#63346 by Scrooge
17 May 2005, 23:38
So what did you think?

Oh and while im thinking about it...if anyone comes to Vegas and pays to go on any of the rides at the Strat I will take it very personaly from now on :D

Dave
#63348 by Decker
17 May 2005, 23:47
That's very generous of you Dave.... :D
#63458 by preiffer
18 May 2005, 21:28
Sadly (and genuinely mean that!) I didn't get round to it. [:(!]

The two guys with me in Vegas with weren't up for it (didn't help that last Monday was very windy, too, which I'm pretty sure helped put them off), and it was on the roll-on-roll-off mode at the time. (I wanted to go on the centrifuge version - what happens with the programming of the ride?)

So... Back in July, maybe next time. :D
#63522 by GreboDB
19 May 2005, 08:00
if anyone comes to Vegas and pays to go on any of the rides at the Strat I will take it very personaly from now on

Do you work there then jetwet1? I am visiting Vegas in July so may take you up on the offer!!
#64208 by Scrooge
27 May 2005, 15:27
Originally posted by GreboDB
if anyone comes to Vegas and pays to go on any of the rides at the Strat I will take it very personaly from now on

Do you work there then jetwet1? I am visiting Vegas in July so may take you up on the offer!!

Yep im a pit boss there..PM me,let me know when your coming

Dave
#66261 by Wolves27
14 Jun 2005, 00:11
We're looking to do the Big Shot and the rollercoaster in September, not sure about the Insanity ride, that looks a bit too scary..

Dean
#72469 by Tinkerbelle
06 Aug 2005, 23:21
You wouldn't get me on any of the rides at the top of the Stratosphere. I'm quite happy just to watch.

Speed at the Sahara is another story - what a great (albeit short) ride:D
#73274 by Jetstreamer
14 Aug 2005, 18:34
We went on all 4 rides a few weeks ago, the rollercoaster first followed by the Big Shot, X-Scream and then finally Insanity.

I'd recommend all of them. We sat at the front on X-Scream which added an extra dimension to the ride.

The queue for Insanity was fairly long but it was well worth the wait. It's definitely a white knuckle ride - I didn't want to let go.
Virgin Atlantic