#804555 by Fordie
05 Mar 2012, 22:59
Hey,

i really want to be a disney pass holder, and it won't let me buy one online as i think its out of stock, but i was told i can buy one at a disney park? is this true?

Has anyone bought one from the UK at a park and if so how much was it?

thanks
#804561 by David
05 Mar 2012, 23:53
Do you mean an annual pass for the parks ? If so you can buy them at any guest relations desk at the parks or even easier at downtown disney.

I believe you can buy a voucher in the uk to exchange for a pass in the us, but it only takes a few minutes at guest relations so apart from the budget side of things, doesn't really gain anything.

David
#804562 by Fordie
06 Mar 2012, 01:30
That sounds brilliant and yes I was talking about the annual pass as I'm going out to Orlando next year for 28 days and I've always wanted a pass for discounts etc!

What way do you think is easiest? Buying one out in Orlando? And can I get one at the ticket booths at say magic kingdom?
The annual pass has such great discounts and other benefits too!

Thanks for your post
#804567 by Neil
06 Mar 2012, 08:36
While it is true that the annual pass does offer some savings, I wouldn't say they are worth buying the pass for alone. THe parking costs are a nice saving, but the only discount you get in parks is on merchandise, and out of parks it is a % off your food bill at some DTD eateries, which aren't the greatest or cheapest all of the time.

Having been an AP holder for the last few years now, I personally think you need 3 trips inside the year period to get a real cost saving with an annual pass, but I guess it depends on how many days you will do Disney.

You can buy the AP at any Disney Park ticket window or at DTD.
#804570 by Concorde RIP
06 Mar 2012, 10:29
I am an annual pass holder (premium) as well.....I bought mine over the phone, received a reference number which I presented at a ticket kiosk and received my pass.

If you eat in the parks, you can then buy a "tables in wonderland" pass for $75 (at least, it was) and this gives you 20% discount at most restaurants...

Like Neil, I believe you need to do 2 long triips, or 3 to make in worthwhile...
#804576 by Neil
06 Mar 2012, 11:28
Concorde RIP wrote:If you eat in the parks, you can then buy a "tables in wonderland" pass for $75 (at least, it was) and this gives you 20% discount at most restaurants...

Just to point out to the OP, the Tables in Wonderland card offers discount at table service restaurants only, not counter service ones. So if you are planning on eating a fair amount of your main meals in one of the Disney park restaurants then it might be worth considering.

For us, we don't eat on property a lot, only the occasional counter service offering at lunch, so not worth it for us.
#804599 by Fordie
06 Mar 2012, 15:29
Thank you for the great advise, I will be doing 4 long weeks and last year I went for 3 weeks and was doing parks every day or every other day and going at night so I would use it a lot and if I don't use it I can do what some people on eBay do, that's rent it out? I did this last year and it was great most of the time I wasn't asked for I.d on purchases but I'd prefer my own
#804605 by David
06 Mar 2012, 16:04
Don't know if policy has changed but on our Sept visit last year, ID was asked for at nearly every transaction when using the pass for discounts.

David
#804607 by Neil
06 Mar 2012, 16:14
I am always asked for photo id when using my AP for discounts in the the parks/restaurants.

The only time I'm not asked if when using it for the car parking.
#804609 by Fordie
06 Mar 2012, 16:35
Yea I was asked pretty much all the time but I said I didn't have it with me and they let me get away with it most of the time which was lucky as the pass wast mine :O but it saved me a lot of money on disney merchandise which I loved! Haha
#804873 by Fordie
10 Mar 2012, 14:59
Concorde RIP wrote:I am an annual pass holder (premium) as well.....I bought mine over the phone, received a reference number which I presented at a ticket kiosk and received my pass.

If you eat in the parks, you can then buy a "tables in wonderland" pass for $75 (at least, it was) and this gives you 20% discount at most restaurants...

Like Neil, I believe you need to do 2 long triips, or 3 to make in worthwhile...

What number did you call to buy a annual pass? I think I would rather book one before I go? Then I'll feel better rather then wait until I get there??

Thanks
#804900 by Concorde RIP
10 Mar 2012, 21:03
I think I called 0870-2424900 - at least that is a number I have in my address book.

It will put you through to the US, and I recall getting bounced around various menu systems etc.

Just be quite clear to say you're calling from the UK, and want to purchase an annual pass.

They sometimes increase prices in April(ish) as well, so now might be a good time if you want to get one.

They'll also send out an actual card thingy, with all details that you exchange....at a couple of pounds additional cost.
#804913 by Fordie
11 Mar 2012, 01:34
Concorde RIP wrote:I think I called 0870-2424900 - at least that is a number I have in my address book.

It will put you through to the US, and I recall getting bounced around various menu systems etc.

Just be quite clear to say you're calling from the UK, and want to purchase an annual pass.

They sometimes increase prices in April(ish) as well, so now might be a good time if you want to get one.

They'll also send out an actual card thingy, with all details that you exchange....at a couple of pounds additional cost.

Thank you for the number!!

And Im not going until next year so I can do it nearer the time! I just like to have things sorted in advance of going!

I can't wait to get my very own annual pass now! Just love discount and the benefits! An annual pass and a diamond parking pass, and I'm all sorted haha

Thanks.

Fordie
#804942 by spiceke
11 Mar 2012, 13:29
I agree with the previous posts that it is better use for an AP when having more than one visit - if it is timed right you get, effectively, one visit free (i.e. go in Aug then the following July)even if you are having one holiday per year. That is a big saving.

We had AP's for 10 years as I liked the freedom they gave such as going in for a couple of hours then going back to the house - and of course, the saving on the parking.

One thing you could think about is 'mixing and matching'. If you are primarily interested in the discounts available (car parking - or even staying at the hotels gives you great discounts when available) why not get 1 AP and the rest of the party get the 14 day pass, which I think gives you 21 days anyway? This may work out cheaper, but still enable you to get the discounts.
Virgin Atlantic