A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#822356 by Darren Wheeler
02 Sep 2012, 23:21
Following on from this thread - http://v-flyer.com/forum/index.php?f=8& ... =viewtopic

A chance for a small social and to take part in the first VS internal flight from Manchester to London Heathrow. No idea if this will be a full Inaugural Flight in the way VS usually do it (SRB, lots of balloons and fanfare) but it is the first one so something a little special regardless.

The flight leaves MAN at 06:50 from T3 and is due to arrive at Heathrow T1 at 08:00 so barely time for the fizz to go out of the champagne.

As with all socials, you are responsible for your own tickets, hotels, transfers etc. and don't forget an appropriate form of identification so you don't get denied boarding. No immediate plan on what it will involve, but food and a drink or 4 is usual. Everyone welcome for any landside activities (Saturday evening etc). Obviously anything airside is for those holding tickets.

Attendees so far.. (Hotel)
Darren Wheeler (Hilton)
mitchja (Hilton)
CHILL710 (Hilton)
buns (Hilton)
paulicklow (Radisson Blu)
Sealink (Hilton)
Pete (Hilton)
eehk1007 (Radisson Blu)
paulie7 (Radisson Blu)
jwhite9185 (Radisson Blu)
jfenney (Hilton)
Slinky (Hilton)
RedVee (Hilton only, no flight)
G-VROY +1 (Hilton ??)
VegasFlyer (no hotel)
NV43 (Radisson Blu)
Decker
CO (Hilton)

I'll update this if any more post to say they are coming. P

Plenty of time to book your seat so come along and meet some fellow V-Flyers. We don't bite, hard...
#822456 by buns
03 Sep 2012, 18:47
Pete wrote:Ok, I'm in. I've booked that leg - will sort out when I'm flying / training up to Manchester and where I'm staying tomorrow ;-)

P.

Great news Pete y) y) With the Rail Franchise mularkey now on hold, you never know it be a Virgin train to get up there ): ):

BTW I have booked the Airport Hilton

buns
#822509 by mitchja
04 Sep 2012, 00:16
Just had a quick look for hotels at MAN, on site hotels for Sat 30th:

Crowne Plaza £49
Bewley's £56
Hilton £63
Even the Radission Blu (the only one linked to terminals) isn't silly money at £63.

All above are advance purchase rates.
#822639 by mitchja
04 Sep 2012, 15:13
Just booked the Hilton for the 30th with parking included.

Oh and anyone staying at the Hilton, don't forget to bring your vibrating pillow as I found this socket in my room last time I stayed there!!! :o)
Attachments
IMG_0210.PNG
Hmmmmmm
#822652 by CHill710
04 Sep 2012, 16:44
i have booked the hilton for £59 via expedia.

looking forward to it! :D
#822814 by plane340
05 Sep 2012, 18:12
Even the Radission Blu (the only one linked to terminals) isn't silly money at £63.

Just booked the Radission Blu for £38 as I had a £25 hotels.com voucher about to expire.
Just have to wait until Jan to book the train to take us up there who ever that may be with.....
#822817 by buns
05 Sep 2012, 18:27
paulicklow wrote:

Just booked the Radission Blu for £38 as I had a £25 hotels.com voucher about to expire.
Just have to wait until Jan to book the train to take us up there who ever that may be with.....

Great News y) y)

This is getting the makings of a fun weekend ):

buns
#822835 by RedVee
05 Sep 2012, 21:00
I won't book the inaugural flight as I am almost sure I am going to be away over that period, but if I am at home by any chance I'll join you for a meal on the Saturday night - can either book the Hilton or Radisson on points :)
#823339 by joeyc
09 Sep 2012, 23:09
Sorry people, man down n( n(

Easter weekend, got to be spending that at the homestead I'm afraid. Maybe next time, when they start their next phase of domestic travel perhaps... :P

Have fun 8D
Virgin Atlantic