A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#827496 by Sealink
19 Oct 2012, 14:32
Following on from this thread http://v-flyer.com/forum/index.php?f=8&t=276188&rb_v=viewtopic I now have some arrangements in place.

I have reserved a space in The Zander Bar on 1st November 2012 from 6.00pm for our social.

As well as beers, Zander has an extensive cocktail list, and I spotted various gins!

The easiest way to get there is from Victoria or St. James Park Underground stations. See map: Image

My first V-Flyer social was way back in 2009, and I haven't met a friendlier bunch of people! So if you have never been to a social before, come along and say hello! And if you have, welome back!

CONFIRMED:
Sealink
buns
chumba
pjh
Martin
joeyc
Last edited by Sealink on 31 Oct 2012, 11:10, edited 4 times in total.
#827513 by cooperman
19 Oct 2012, 17:04
Here's me thinking of being really crazy daft...finish work at 14:00 get train from Wigan (still Virgin!)...a few drinks with pals I've never met....stay over at 51 Buckingham Gate, and travel back on Friday....let me work on it.

Paul
#827532 by tontybear
19 Oct 2012, 19:21
The recce went down well

The £4.25 cocktails (limited menu) were certainly full strength !

Hic !
#827541 by Sealink
19 Oct 2012, 20:14
Co wrote:Here's me thinking of being really crazy daft...finish work at 14:00 get train from Wigan (still Virgin!)...a few drinks with pals I've never met....stay over at 51 Buckingham Gate, and travel back on Friday....let me work on it.

Paul

That is the spirit of V-Flyer! :)

Would love to see you there!
#827566 by joeyc
20 Oct 2012, 02:33
Will be utterly shattered (and mentally drained no doubt) from yet another financial training course ][|) ][|) , however aiming to be there as close to 6 as poss. No guarantees on intelligent conversation though :P

I am a yes Sealink y) thanks for organising this. Looking forward to meeting some of you fine people.
#827567 by Sealink
20 Oct 2012, 02:48
joeyc wrote:Will be utterly shattered (and mentally drained no doubt) from yet another financial training course ][|) ][|) , however aiming to be there as close to 6 as poss. No guarantees on intelligent conversation though :P

I am a yes Sealink y) thanks for organising this. Looking forward to meeting some of you fine people.

Look forward to it!
#828436 by buns
28 Oct 2012, 08:26
joeyc wrote:Will be utterly shattered (and mentally drained no doubt) from yet another financial training course ][|) ][|) , however aiming to be there as close to 6 as poss. No guarantees on intelligent conversation though :P

Just a timely reminder to you all about this week's V Flyer Social

As others have said, it is a long time since one of these was held and the opportunity to meet the faces of the V Flyer Community, new as well as established, is something I have enjoyed at previous events

Everybody is welcome and I look forward to meeting everyone :D :D

buns
#828440 by buns
28 Oct 2012, 10:21
Hull wrote:Good morning all,
Unfortunately it looks like I will be unable to attend after all as I have some supprise international guests for the week.

Enjoy the social.
D

That is a shame :#

Never mind there will be opportunities in the future

buns
#828603 by Martin
29 Oct 2012, 16:26
I'm planning to join the social on Thursday. I'm a V-Flyer Social virgin, so I look forward to meeting some of you folks in the flesh then. Thanks Sealink for bringing this together.

Cheers

Martin
#828740 by tontybear
31 Oct 2012, 00:12
I am going (unfortunately) to have to be a -1 now
Virgin Atlantic