A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#841536 by cooperman
25 Mar 2013, 12:21
slinky09 wrote:I scanned through again 'cos was keen to see who's attending, which hotel, and how getting there - feel free to update:

Darren Wheeler wrote:Who's coming - hotel - how getting to Manchester
Pete - Hilton - train
Buns - Hilton - BA
Sealink - Hilton - train
mitchja - Hilton
CHILL710 - Hilton
paulicklow +1 - Radisson Blu
eehk1007 - Radisson Blu - BA
paulie7 - Radisson Blu
jwhite9185 - Radisson Blu - BA
jfenney - Hilton - driving
cooperman - Hilton - driving
Slinky - Hilton - train
G-VROY +1 - Hilton - train
horburyflyer - Hilton
VegasFlyer - no hotel, meet at gate
NV43 and Starfish - Radisson Blu
Phoenix - flight only
Decker - Hilton

So that's five of us on the train so far and a clutch on BA! 12 at the Hilton and 5 at the Radisson. At least 22 on the flight.

I can still get T's if people want but will have to order today!!!

Hi, Slinky

A Tee Shirt would be good. Hope its the weather to allow me to wear it!.

Order an XL for me please, let me know the cost and I can pay you on Saturday if that's OK. If not, let me know how I can get the dosh to you in advance.

PS removed my old username from the list....keeps it up to date as suggested. I am still on there though with my new name!.

Ta

Paul
#841539 by NV43
25 Mar 2013, 12:39
Slinky

Starfish and I will arrive in Manchester by car; we'll be in the Radisson Blu at, around, 4 pm on the Saturday, and would definitely appreciate tee-shirts; one medium and one extra large.

If you do go ahead with the order let me know how you require payment.
#841564 by mitchja
25 Mar 2013, 14:45
I'll be arriving by car, should be at the Hilton around 15:00ish.

Whilst the Hilton does provide a shuttle bus to/from all the terminals at MAN (the Radisson is linked between T1 and T2 via the covered walkway), more than happy to pick any up from the terminals if needed :)
#841746 by Pete
27 Mar 2013, 14:24
A message from Kyle (he of the Social Media team at VS)...

Hi Pete,

I’ve heard you and some of the v-flyers are planning a party on our inaugural Little Red service? I hope you have a great time and we live up to expectations. I’ll watch out for the first trip reports! I think our airport and crew teams have put something together to mark the occasion and a few of our management team and Directors will be in attendance, however it’s not a full blown inaugural this time.

Our LHR T1 airport manager has asked me to mention that if anyone in your party is planning to take the next return flight out of Heathrow (at 0.930, the VS3041) they should check in for both flights before departing MAN and carry boarding passes with them. We’d also ask they remain airside in pier 4, and not try to proceed through security on arrival. We’ll be working to very quick aircraft turnarounds from the get go, so we don’t want to leave anyone behind.

If you take any good pics – please do email them on! Hope you all have fun.

Thanks, Kyle.
#841748 by Sealink
27 Mar 2013, 14:41
Pete wrote:A message from Kyle (he of the Social Media team at VS)...

I think our airport and crew teams have put something together to mark the occasion and a few of our management team and Directors will be in attendance, however it’s not a full blown inaugural this time.

*prints out H-class screenshots and emails*

I'm joking! I'm joking!
I think Edinburgh is having the full works at Business Traveller magazine mentioned they will be o the first one. Think it's a bigger thing in Scotland given the BA monopoly from GLA, EDI and ABZ to LHR.
#841767 by mitchja
27 Mar 2013, 18:17
I also got a similar message from VS today via SMS:

Please check-in online and print your boarding passes for your flight from Manchester VS3046 31MAR and for your return from Heathrow 31 Mar. You do not have to exit the arrivals area at Heathrow but can remain airside until your return flight back to Manchester.

Mind you, I'm coming back on the 3043 at 17:15 so I don't plan on hanging around LHR T1 all day, still not decided on what I am going to do yet though!!
#841773 by David
27 Mar 2013, 21:04
Pete wrote:I suspect so, David. Definitely worth checking with the check-in staff on the way out.

Thanks

That would be handy. It's certainly something easily done the other way round, arriving into Edinburgh as you can just come off the plane and then wait at the gate, but having never been to T1 for years it will be interesting to see how it works.

David
#841774 by mitchja
27 Mar 2013, 22:27
The LHR T1 domestic gates are just the same. All you need to do is get off the aircraft, sit down, wait, board the return aircraft which will also probably be the same one using the same gate.
#841778 by NV43
28 Mar 2013, 00:58
Sealink wrote::| Doctor Who starts on Saturday :|

All set to record. :D
#841783 by slinky09
28 Mar 2013, 08:13
Sealink wrote:I shudder to think what T-shirt size I am now

Ahhhh! To much fire fighting at work and I haven't even looked at V-Flyer for two days ... no T's :(
#841799 by David
28 Mar 2013, 10:35
mitchja wrote:The LHR T1 domestic gates are just the same. All you need to do is get off the aircraft, sit down, wait, board the return aircraft which will also probably be the same one using the same gate.

Excellent, thanks James

David
#841870 by slinky09
28 Mar 2013, 17:46
buns wrote:Sorry guys, will not be joining you :(

Doctors Orgers

buns

Ugh sorry to hear that, hope whateveritis gets better quickly.
Virgin Atlantic