#844816 by gumshoe
28 Apr 2013, 11:58
ecnirp wrote:I'm surprised Disney do not sell a weekly pass with abit of a discount when you buy the disney week theme park passes.

I'm not - once you've bought a multi-day theme park pass they've got you hooked in and know they can charge whatever they like for parking, especially given the inconvenience of hotel shuttle buses and scarcity of public transport in the Orlando area.

Parking is, I imagine, one of their most profitable revenue streams and if they were to discount it or give it away free they'd have to charge even more for park entry.
#846572 by Fuzzy14
24 May 2013, 15:24
My friend who's off to Olando in two weeks has been refunded her 'parking pass' from the eBay seller. Apparently Disney now ask for photo ID at the parking toll booths to stop people transferring season tickets. I haven't heard from my seller yet.

A quick search of eBay shows that these passes are no longer available (only AAA premium parking, and you still have to pay $14 entry) and others trying to scam you into buying a list of 'free' parking (i.e. pay £10 for an email saying park at Downtown Disney and get the bus v( )

So I would now advise to stay clear of these parking passes.
#846575 by katie666
24 May 2013, 15:48
Whenever I've gone through the enry booths & handed over my annual pass, they scarcely look at it. Last time was October so maybe they have introduced the photo ID thing since then.

Katie
#846581 by chumba
24 May 2013, 16:58
There seems to be a change in the checking of AP's now at the parks since the new RFID turnstiles etc.

Previously with my paper AP i was never asked for photo ID at the parking tolls, or when i entered the parks and occasionally was asked when i used it for the discounts in the shops etc.

However over the last few days since they swapped my paper AP for a credit card type with name written on it and in large letters, i have been asked for matching photo id 3 out of 3 times at the parking booth and once out of three times at the gate when i used the new style ticket. As a note on the back it now says my name and expiry date written in pen but there is a red box stating parking 2013-2014, maybe thats why they are checking more?

Not going to debate the right and wrongs of loaning theses passes but if you do be alert they now seem to be asking for photo ID a lot more.
#851594 by natcorbet
16 Jul 2013, 09:20
This may seam a daft call but have you considered buying the year pass which includes the parking.

From what I can see the cost is only a little more than for standard two week tickets.
#851697 by Fuzzy14
17 Jul 2013, 12:17
My 14 day passes with access to all 6 parks, free golf etc came in at £230 each. For my family of 4 (plus infant) plus paying for parking that's £1080 for the fortnight.

A Disney annual pass costs $650 (£430) and only covers the 4 theme parks and not the water parks. So it would perhaps be worth it for 3+ weeks

Florida residents passes start at $223 for low season/weekday only up to $622 for premium/unlimited tickets.
#851702 by Neil
17 Jul 2013, 12:37
Fuzzy14 wrote:My 14 day passes with access to all 6 parks, free golf etc came in at £230 each. For my family of 4 (plus infant) plus paying for parking that's £1080 for the fortnight.

A Disney annual pass costs $650 (£430) and only covers the 4 theme parks and not the water parks. So it would perhaps be worth it for 3+ weeks

Florida residents passes start at $223 for low season/weekday only up to $622 for premium/unlimited tickets.

As a regular Florida traveller, We reckon that an AP is worth it if you do min 3 weeks, although you need to hit the park hard if only 3 weeks. Maybe if you are doing a Disney park every day for 2 weeks and paying $14 per day parking, but that is probably unlikely over a 2 week period, as you do other parks, shopping days, water parks with free parking.

We tend to get AP's and we usually get 3 trips out of it, so the third trip is effectively free entry to the parks.
#851810 by spiceke
17 Jul 2013, 22:40
where the AP's really come into their own (apart from doing more than one trip) is that they gave some very handsome discounts when staying on Disney Property - assume they still do that.

Got an excellent deal many years ago staying at what was Dixie Landings (now part of Port Orleans)
Virgin Atlantic