A forum for discussion of Social Activities
#898120 by joeyc
09 Mar 2015, 12:14
I would really like to be there buns, but unfortunately cannot commit at the moment. My April diary is still full of post-it notes and disorganised ramblings I am afraid :w

Jacki wrote:I can't be charged with the pole dancing incident, but Brussels was the destination for my first V-Flyer social and my first experience of the Pete and Buns Eurostar Cocktail Bar. I don't remember much after Ashford! :0

honey lamb wrote:Now, now, tonty! You can't blame V-Flyers for the fact that Eurostar put the train on the wrong track and we had to return to Ashford to pick up passengers.......

.......can you? ): ):

I can't wait to hear more about this social... :0
#898157 by Rugger Mad
09 Mar 2015, 17:52
joeyc wrote:I would really like to be there buns, but unfortunately cannot commit at the moment. My April diary is still full of post-it notes and disorganised ramblings I am afraid :w

Jacki wrote:I can't be charged with the pole dancing incident, but Brussels was the destination for my first V-Flyer social and my first experience of the Pete and Buns Eurostar Cocktail Bar. I don't remember much after Ashford! :0

honey lamb wrote:Now, now, tonty! You can't blame V-Flyers for the fact that Eurostar put the train on the wrong track and we had to return to Ashford to pick up passengers.......

.......can you? ): ):

I can't wait to hear more about this social..
. :0

Me neither! I'm intrigued.........

Canary Wharf is a splendid night out, much better than most of the watering holes in Central London. There may be a conflict in my diary however if I can be available, I will probably rock up for a snifter or 7.
#898189 by Blacky1
09 Mar 2015, 21:15
Blacky1 wrote:
mitchja wrote:I grabbed a room at the Canary Wharf Hilton for £99 for the Friday night. £89 if you pre-pay.

Cheers james ,I shall have a look y)

Well that was simple ,room booked ,looking forward to meeting new faces and catching up with old ones
#898194 by Blacky1
09 Mar 2015, 21:30
tontybear wrote:
Blacky1 wrote:
Well that was simple ,room booked ,looking forward to meeting new faces and catching up with old ones

The Missus letting you loose again?

Lol , haven't mentioned it yet tonty , I'll drop it in to a conversation sometime around the 16th of April ;)
#898202 by honey lamb
09 Mar 2015, 23:20
Hmmm! I might be able to make it so long as I'm back by 6.30pm on Saturday :?
#898204 by DragonLady
10 Mar 2015, 00:47
Blacky1 wrote:
tontybear wrote:
Blacky1 wrote:

The Missus letting you loose again?

Lol , haven't mentioned it yet tonty , I'll drop it in to a conversation sometime around the 16th of April ;)

A day earlier than usual then lol :D .
Bad Blacky ): ...

DL
#898210 by buns
10 Mar 2015, 06:07
honey lamb wrote:Hmmm! I might be able to make it so long as I'm back by 6.30pm on Saturday :?

HL

It would be lovely to see you there - grab a night at the Hilton whilst they are goung cheap :w

buns
#898224 by CHill710
10 Mar 2015, 10:36
I have just booked a room at the Hilton Canary Wharf. Looking forward to it.
#898241 by Blacky1
10 Mar 2015, 14:34
DL- I thought I'd give Mrs B a bit of notice incase she had any plans of her own that she would ultimately have to cancel !
HL - hope you can make it ,Be great to meet you
#898380 by ratechaser
11 Mar 2015, 20:07
Just a suggestion, if you lot all staying at the Hilton all have HH status, we could always do the social in the lounge there, given it's a pretty decent place. I'll happily be someone's +1 for a free beer :-)

(Yes, that was a joke, I'd expect a lot more than a free beer!!)
#898382 by tontybear
11 Mar 2015, 20:22
ratechaser wrote:Just a suggestion, if you lot all staying at the Hilton all have HH status, we could always do the social in the lounge there, given it's a pretty decent place. I'll happily be someone's +1 for a free beer :-)

(Yes, that was a joke, I'd expect a lot more than a free beer!!)

What sort of people do you think we are?

Ok we ARE that sort !

Btw I will be returning to Tonty towers that night !
#899483 by buns
27 Mar 2015, 19:02
Well I am staying at the Hilton this weekend and will be doing a recce of possible venues ;)

I shall report back on Monday with what I have managed to sort out

buns
#899485 by tontybear
27 Mar 2015, 19:20
Will that include taste tests Mr B?
#899487 by tontybear
27 Mar 2015, 19:25
buns wrote:
tontybear wrote:Will that include taste tests Mr B?

If you mean by "taste" you are referring to beverages, then a resounding YES :D :D

buns

y) y) y)
#899542 by buns
28 Mar 2015, 12:26
If you are staying at the Canary Wharf Hilton, please drop me a PM with your real name so that I can have a note added to your booking :D

Now off to recce venues - wish me luck

buns
#899546 by CHill710
28 Mar 2015, 12:48
buns wrote:If you are staying at the Canary Wharf Hilton, please drop me a PM with your real name so that I can have a note added to your booking :D

Now off to recce venues - wish me luck

buns

PM sent
Virgin Atlantic