This area is set aside for off-topic discussion. Everything that's absolutely nothing to do with travel at all... But please, keep it polite! Forum netiquette rules still apply.
#914381 by hiljil
15 Dec 2015, 07:57
I have always been fascinated by all areas of flight. Great to have a Brit going to the ISS. I was lucky enough to have seen the space shuttle fly over Orlando on three occasions. I can still weep for friend who was lucky enough to be at the launch site and managed to film the wrong gantry at blast off !!!! :-O

Bon Voyage to Major Tim.
#914383 by dickydotcom
15 Dec 2015, 08:49
Good luck to all the crew who don't seem to get a mention on our news.
A nameless Russian and American.
While I do enjoy flying I don't think I'd go on that flight.
Dick D
#914387 by mallin
15 Dec 2015, 11:41
Just been following it on BBC2 what they have to go through is amazing. A remarkable man and all the other Astronauts.

We had booked many years ago to see launch at Cape Canaveral but as always it got delayed so much that we had to come bak to the UK. WE did however manage to do lunch with an Astronaut and it was one of the most fascinating conversations we have ever had.

Love all the programmes with Brian Cox, we live on a beautiful planet, its a shame so many are trying to destroy it.
#914461 by Maximus
17 Dec 2015, 18:12
I shall give him a wave next time I see the ISS pass by when I am out with the telescope.