#918571 by tontybear
09 Mar 2016, 17:53
this article is causing some amusement on flyer talk

The meal service shortly followed. I was genuinely looking forward to my beef.

Upon ordering (the other option was cod) I asked the stewardess, quite normally, if it could please come medium rare. She laughed.

Oh the humanity!
#918573 by oldboy
09 Mar 2016, 18:23
A fun read, my first ever long haul flight (in fact first ever flight) was from Heathrow to Toronto on a BOAC 707, I travelled in economy, as I recall it felt pretty glamorous at the time to a 17 year old.
#918574 by hiljil
09 Mar 2016, 18:31
Well it gave me a really good laugh. :-D
#918590 by Bretty
09 Mar 2016, 23:32
I have 2 words: pompous queen.
What a laugh. I can just see Pam Ann now tapping the champagne glass and saying "what's this economy? That's right, glass." Followed by language I'd better not write here lol.
#918592 by hazban
10 Mar 2016, 02:04
Very entertaining with tongue definitely firmly in cheek! At least he had the good sense to have "medical vaccinations" before mixing with the lower classes.
As a matter of fact because of all the trip reports on this forum I have never ordered beef on a plane! Interestingly I will be returning First Class on BA from Miami and might do so only to see if they offer rare, medium or more likely as it was loaded!
#918599 by Snora
10 Mar 2016, 10:04
hazban wrote:As a matter of fact because of all the trip reports on this forum I have never ordered beef on a plane! Interestingly I will be returning First Class on BA from Miami and might do so only to see if they offer rare, medium or more likely as it was loaded!

On a recent UC flight LHR to MIA I did the same experiment .... and YEP.... the Forum is right. My steak was well done , fairly bland and I wished I had gone with something else. :-(
#918711 by Maximus
12 Mar 2016, 13:56
On our BA First flight in December the OH ordered the beef and it was still pink (ish) in the middle and tasted great by all accounts. But I suspect it is a gamble.

I thought I may have gone too far and ventured into economy but having popped my head through into the next portion of the plane I realised that people did have it worse than me. I said a little prayer for them.

Now that did make me chuckle :-D
Virgin Atlantic