#921504 by Eggtastico
17 May 2016, 21:36
I cant find any straight forward matrix for Avios rewards. at least without having to do a search.
I can see there is an on & off peak requirements.

Just wondering if there a spreadsheet or something where I can see where I can go with X amount of miles, or how many miles I need to go to Destination Z

Worked out by the time I hit the £10k Companion pass & activated the 25,000 bonus, I will have 63,000 miles + another 24,000 worth in Clubcard vouchers (was hoping for an extra miles offer in May, but they are doing a raffle instead - so hope for October!)

Next Trip is to burn up my Virgin Miles which will be next year. (thinking Florida drive down to the keys + a short Cruise)
After that, I would like to go East & South America.
Japan is high on my list & I would love to goto Brazil or Argentina (well Argentina, but my mates Wife is from Brazil, so I need to keep on their good side!)

So got plenty of time to collect. Just think 200,000 to fly first class to Japan is just out of reach.
#921515 by marshy11
18 May 2016, 08:16
BA have a very helpful calculator but it's down 'for most of May' according to the website.

http://www.britishairways.com/travel/re ... eId=106160

FWIW, I am in a similar position. Off to Antigua in November in UC paid for entirely with miles. Saving Avios now like a woman possessed. It is easier than you think and we are almost there.

Apologies for the egg sucking:
Shop through BA's portal Gate 365
Sign up and churn various Avios credit cards, referring your partner if you have one.
Surveys (I hate them but have earned 5k in Avios doing just one a day for a month). I use E Rewards and Rewards For Thoughts.
http://www.headforpoints.com/the-beginn ... os-points/ is a brilliant source of info.

200K may feel out of reach but it is surprisingly easy to collect without setting foot on a plane.
#921553 by Eggtastico
18 May 2016, 17:22
I see the voucher is valid for 24 months - does that mean I have to travel within 24 months, or book within 24 months? I could possibly get to 200k miles over 2 years & a bit. Would struggle for less than 24 months.
Dont want to churn cards just yet, as we rely on the companion voucher. Might get the missus to get a Amex gold card for their bonus if it is looking like we may be short though.
#921555 by marshy11
18 May 2016, 17:32
I must confess the timing bit isn't my part of ship (that is Mr Marshy's department). I am the turner and churner! We are keeping the card that has the 2-4-1 voucher on it but churning the others.

Mrs Eggtastico should get a Gold (I got a referral on here to start us off) and then you should get her to refer you after 6 months. Within a year both of you will have had a zero fee card and two x bonus sign up miles, rinse and repeat.

In the meantime, you could refer her for the Platinum and take the miles, using that card to hit the spend target.
#921572 by Bretty
18 May 2016, 22:52
Hi Eggtastico, on the 2-4-1 your outbound leg has to be taken before the voucher expiry date, and your return leg can be anytime after. It's easy to hit the 200,000, I'm nearly there.

Also, if you want a gold card referral am happy to oblige as a few extra points towards our collection will help. Also the Lloyds Avios Amex is a good option. No bonus unless you're referred and then it's about 4500 avios, and the earning rate is doubled for the first 6 months, plus no fx fees on overseas spending.
#921583 by Eggtastico
19 May 2016, 07:38
cheers. I am not going to look for another CC until I get close to the £10k companion. Will ask for your code if I need to swap.
Is the companion issues straight away (like Virgin) or anniversary date? I need to use my E to PE virgin vouchers, so dont want to hit the £10k early if it hits my account straight away.

New plan now... Said I wanted to go to machu picchu & missus said she'd always wanted to go!
So Japan can wait!
#921592 by Maximus
19 May 2016, 12:42
The BA Amex 241 voucher is awarded as soon as you hit the £10K spend. I misjudged it on one of our cards so had 2 in the pot with just 6 months apart on the expiry dates, but with 2 years in which to use them I should be alright.

Japan is 204,000 for First return off-peak. It is possible to fly First OW and Club (or WT+ or WT) on the return leg (or vice versa).

I put almost 100% of my spend via our BAPP cards. Using a Curve card I can also put spends through Amex with retailers that only accept Visa or Mastercard. I use the credit card even tif buying a £1.50 sandwich at lunch. It soon adds up.
#921596 by Eggtastico
19 May 2016, 13:26
Maximus wrote:The BA Amex 241 voucher is awarded as soon as you hit the £10K spend. I misjudged it on one of our cards so had 2 in the pot with just 6 months apart on the expiry dates, but with 2 years in which to use them I should be alright.

Japan is 204,000 for First return off-peak. It is possible to fly First OW and Club (or WT+ or WT) on the return leg (or vice versa).

I put almost 100% of my spend via our BAPP cards. Using a Curve card I can also put spends through Amex with retailers that only accept Visa or Mastercard. I use the credit card even tif buying a £1.50 sandwich at lunch. It soon adds up.

Thanks, I need to look into the difference between BA Various classes when/if I get to it!

ive been waiting a few weeks for my curve card! I need to chase them up, especially as SuperCard comes to end the day before I leave for France & Euro 2016 tournement
#921611 by Bretty
19 May 2016, 21:18
Sounds like you're sorted Eggtastico.
Maximus how's the curve card working out? I looked at it but haven't applied yet.
#921612 by Maximus
19 May 2016, 21:46
Bretty wrote:Maximus how's the curve card working out? I looked at it but haven't applied yet.

I have used it about a dozen times, in stores, online and for withdrawing cash at an ATM. All transactions have transferred to Amex with no problems. Well, apart from one instance when a £0.01 credit card hold actually got converted to a charge. But I can not be bothered to call them for the sake of one pence obviously!

I only use it whenI can not used the actual Amex.

I have read online that there have been a few glitches for some individuals using it, but touch wood I seem to be able to use it with no issues.

Hope you are enjoying the States.
#921693 by Bretty
22 May 2016, 07:02
Thanks, will give it some thought then. Yes we're enjoying ourselves immensely thanks. We love SFO and ate now discussing a return with a YVR tie in next year, on top of the planned Japan trip.
#921873 by Maximus
25 May 2016, 21:48
Bretty wrote:Thanks, will give it some thought then.

I wouldn't bother as Amex have pulled out, so it's major benefit has been lost.
Virgin Atlantic