Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#927707 by mikethe3rd
23 Oct 2016, 00:27
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
This was our second (and unexpected) flight to Florida within one week of coming home from the last trip. It's safe to say, I've exhausted the film selection so I was looking for something different to fill the 8+ hour flight. Here's the end result. A video trip report!

https://www.youtube.com/embed/bLRw35ojPng

Overall, very good flight. Second flight on the Dreamliner, and even though it didn't have much effect on me on the outbound leg, I felt a whole lot different coming off the return; no jet lag and felt great all day. The previous trip was in and out of MCO so I really noticed the 787's improvements when the 747 was so fresh in the mind.

Not featured in the video: 1) Miami immigration has improved so much. We touched down at 17:16 and in an Uber by 17:50. 2) WiFi speed was good but can be patchy in places. 3) Food was great but could only give the main and burger from the Light Bites menu four stars as the Chicken Satay starter was so so so good. 4) Crew not really featured but, very impressed by them - superb all round.
#927711 by hiljil
23 Oct 2016, 08:30
Wow - what can I say. I am so impressed. You have certainly raised the bar :-D I loved the transition of cloud to hot towel. Well actually, I loved it all.

Thank you so much for posting it. I shall enjoy watching it again & again whenever I feel the need to pretend I am Florida bound !
#927771 by mikethe3rd
24 Oct 2016, 17:10
hiljil wrote:Wow - what can I say. I am so impressed. You have certainly raised the bar :-D I loved the transition of cloud to hot towel. Well actually, I loved it all.

Thank you so much for posting it. I shall enjoy watching it again & again whenever I feel the need to pretend I am Florida bound !

Thank you Hiljil. We always look out for you in Rumrunners :) Speaking of which, here’s another video you may like: https://youtu.be/BJJ1LvTGRlM

Janeclar wrote:What a brilliant trip report!!!
I am on VS075 in 4 weeks - this shows how much Manchester needs a Clubhouse!!!

Thank you Jane! Enjoy Florida!

Silver Fox wrote:Very well done! What camera did you use, video s/w, etc?

Thanks. A GoPro Hero 4 Silver with a stabiliser. Any shaky shots were on my iPhone 7. Need the GoPro5 really so it’s a bit easier to match resolutions and frame rates. I used Premiere Pro.

Upright wrote:What a great video and trip report, thanks for your time and effort.

Thank you… and welcome to V-Flyer!
#927779 by marshy11
24 Oct 2016, 18:29
I was sure I'd posted on here yesterday (!).....suffice to say, what a very original and informative TR.

Not being Go Pro savvy, I have to admit I feel a tad self conscious when I wave the iPhone around to take some TR snaps.
#927785 by mikethe3rd
24 Oct 2016, 21:09
marshy11 wrote:I was sure I'd posted on here yesterday (!).....suffice to say, what a very original and informative TR.

Not being Go Pro savvy, I have to admit I feel a tad self conscious when I wave the iPhone around to take some TR snaps.

Well you clearly haven't enjoyed enough beverages in the CH!
#927787 by marshy11
24 Oct 2016, 22:14
mikethe3rd wrote:
marshy11 wrote:I was sure I'd posted on here yesterday (!).....suffice to say, what a very original and informative TR.

Well you clearly haven't enjoyed enough beverages in the CH!

Sadly, I think it's because I have.... :blush:
#927788 by hiljil
25 Oct 2016, 07:20
Loved the second video, thank you. Another one I can re-run to cheer me during the dark days of winter.

I'm surprised you haven't seen me at Rumrunners. I was there more than usual last holiday ! Perhaps as well as luggage tags we could have discreet v-flyer lapel badges to identify us !!!!!
#927790 by pjh
25 Oct 2016, 09:27
A video certainly gives a different feel to the TR. Thanks for putting it together.

Paul

ps very impressed by the lack of clutter on your bedside table :)
#927846 by DocRo
26 Oct 2016, 08:15
2 great videos thanks. Really informative review of the Dreamliner and I loved the drone footage on the second one
#927862 by tomthumb
26 Oct 2016, 15:17
I can only concur with all the others - cracking TR and has raised the bar
#927917 by jfenney
27 Oct 2016, 18:58
Great TR well cut and photographed ,makes me want to get my go pro out now :-D
Virgin Atlantic