#928356 by Hamster
06 Nov 2016, 02:54
I'm getting confused!

You are right, you can't drink something that you bring on board - but you can drink what they sell you or provide for free (inc full size duty free)
#928360 by Smid
06 Nov 2016, 13:42
So are you saying that if I orderer a bottle of tequilla say onboard (I think they changed suppliers so the Patron isn't there anymore, but no matter), I can just uncork it and start drinking?

It's a bit moot though, I remember being asked about it about 2 hours into the flight, and if I order it, I'll receive it an hour before we land, so little opportunity to do so...
#928361 by tontybear
06 Nov 2016, 13:49
As far as I am aware the only purchased alcohol you can drink on board is if you have ordered a 'surprise' like a bottle of champers.

Drinking your own booze whilst (in most cases) is not illegal it is often against airline T&Cs. Many of the 'air rage' incidents are caused by people drinking their own duty free.
#928395 by Smid
07 Nov 2016, 14:25
tontybear wrote:As far as I am aware the only purchased alcohol you can drink on board is if you have ordered a 'surprise' like a bottle of champers.

Drinking your own booze whilst (in most cases) is not illegal it is often against airline T&Cs. Many of the 'air rage' incidents are caused by people drinking their own duty free.

Yeah, I know it's the type of thing a disruptive passenger might do because there isn't enough free booze offered on board for them, so they want to get absolutely trashed before and during the flight.

However, things are changing now, and it's not free onboard. I would never thing of doing anything like this on Jet2, Flybe or Wizzair, but a lot of the low cost airlines do deals as well, so it's not a big deal to get three vodkas for a tenner, then 2 quid for a mixer (for the two of us, jet2) or two quarter bottles of wine for 6 euros (wizzair). I very much doubt BA will be doing that!

So if the local duty free sells little bottles of wine at a reasonable price to undercut BA, do you reckon if we buy them and take them onboard, with our provided cups, will BA throw a wobbly?
#928398 by Silver Fox
07 Nov 2016, 15:06
I think that had I booked this before they "announced" these "enhancements" and turned up expecting a snack and was told "sorry, all changed now" that I would be extremely annoyed. Sadly it is the frontline cabin crew that, of course, will have to bear the wrath of passengers on this as the bean counters will be nowhere to be found. And BAs claim that food is "complimentary" and was never included in the price of a ticket is laughable.
#928400 by Eggtastico
07 Nov 2016, 16:02
Silver Fox wrote:I think that had I booked this before they "announced" these "enhancements" and turned up expecting a snack and was told "sorry, all changed now" that I would be extremely annoyed. Sadly it is the frontline cabin crew that, of course, will have to bear the wrath of passengers on this as the bean counters will be nowhere to be found. And BAs claim that food is "complimentary" and was never included in the price of a ticket is laughable.

I have a group booking that was booked back in July. We travel in March & I was told it was complimentary & has been withdrawn. Ill try again nearer the due date for monies.
#928404 by Hamster
07 Nov 2016, 17:15
Eggtastico wrote:I have a group booking that was booked back in July. We travel in March & I was told it was complimentary & has been withdrawn. Ill try again nearer the due date for monies.

Did you apply for the offer of 1000 avios? Though seems like they pulled it now...
Virgin Atlantic