This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#930094 by bnkarp
16 Dec 2016, 17:07
The web site now seems to allow purchasing tickets for children; I successfully purchased tickets to New York for my son and me earlier this morning.

Now if my November TP and miles would just post, and the site reflected my 8 years' Gold membership, rather than 1 year...

-Brad
#930095 by NYLON
16 Dec 2016, 17:16
I received quite a detailed phone call explaining that it's the name validation process between MBNA and VS that's been tripping up. The names on the two accounts have to match exactly. In my case it was an apostrophe (there in MBNA, but not there in VS) that was causing the transfer to fail. Apparently this has been 'fixed' now. We shall see when my December CC miles are due to post in a few days...
#930326 by mitchja
19 Dec 2016, 21:10
I see the VS iOS app got an update this evening.

The'2017 status - Red' thing has gone and the B744 seat map in the Fleet section has been corrected (was the now retired LHR 744 config, now the correct LGW/MAN 744 config).

Can't see much else that has changed though.
#930496 by Silver Fox
24 Dec 2016, 10:08
I may have missed this, but when I was searching for flights in the sale I noticed that there was a "Show Advanced Options" section now where you can choose a booking class. Has this appeared recently or did I just miss it until now?
#930501 by Silver Fox
24 Dec 2016, 11:40
And another thing, perhaps it is because my FF browser updated but it will not now remember my Flying Club number on the login panel even though I click remember me.
#930502 by David
24 Dec 2016, 11:52
Silver Fox wrote:And another thing, perhaps it is because my FF browser updated but it will not now remember my Flying Club number on the login panel even though I click remember me.

Somethings changed because the same things happened with me
#930504 by mitchja
24 Dec 2016, 12:14
David wrote:
Silver Fox wrote:And another thing, perhaps it is because my FF browser updated but it will not now remember my Flying Club number on the login panel even though I click remember me.

Somethings changed because the same things happened with me

It's the same now on Safari using MacOS as well :-(
#930505 by Vegascrazy
24 Dec 2016, 12:17
Truly astounded at how, five weeks on, on VA's IT team have done nothing to resolve the ridiculous & cumbersome click sequence to log in! Should it really take this to reach what used to be accessible in a couple of clicks:

1. Click "Flying Club Log in" top right
2. Click remember me (email & password already pre-populated)
3. Click "log in"
4. Get message "oh dear the information you've entered isn't quite right, please check for errors & try again"
5. Type in surname
6. Click remember me
7. Click log in
8. Finally at Home Page but now need to click "Flying Club" top right
9. Now a on another page with a need to click on "My Flying Club" on right hand side
10. Finally in

Nothing has changed, ten steps to log in. Truly the least user friendly, amateurish website in existence. Even once logged in the user journey is deplorable, with a huge amount of scrolling due to excessive font size (looks like it's designed for 4 year olds!) and reams of empty white space everywhere. Can't fathom how this has been allowed to happen.
#930507 by mitchja
24 Dec 2016, 12:44
It's easier logging in using your Flying Club number + password. That also means you don't have to also enter your surname every time as well.
#930509 by Vegascrazy
24 Dec 2016, 13:36
Thanks James, at least that removes a couple of clicks :)

Still baffled though as to why, after logging on, the user is dumped on a page only to need to click again on Flying Club at top right, and then dumped on another page where it's necessary to click on a great big "My Flying Club" button.

It's truly startling what a shambles the site is, and as for having to make videos to show users how to navigate through the sorrowful quagmire, why not just make some basic fixes? Reading VA's FB page tells it all, I see also their social media team are working out of hours to keep up with the sheer level of frustration being reported by their customers.
#930531 by Silver Fox
25 Dec 2016, 10:53
Just for a laugh I thought I would see if the Secure flight passenger data and contact information could be added as we are about 6 weeks down the line now and you wouldn't think it would be hard to fix that. Needless to say it is "as you were". Although it is easily solved at OLCI, you just don't get the feeling that there is any joined up process to fixing and stepping their way through the issues. So sad.
#930532 by mitchja
25 Dec 2016, 13:28
Secure flight info has been possible to add and save from the word go. It's just the optional contact data that won't save.
#930534 by Silver Fox
25 Dec 2016, 14:00
mitchja wrote:Secure flight info has been possible to add and save from the word go. It's just the optional contact data that won't save.

I think I am being victimized then! I cannot save hotel info, but can save my phone number and email address.
#930535 by mitchja
25 Dec 2016, 14:24
Sorry yes, the accommodation info has never worked, though I believe that works at OLCI.

Secure flight info is just the US TSA Gender/DOB/Redress/Know Traveler Number data.

That info cannot be added online though if your departure time is less than 72 Hours away. Mine is already filled in & saved, however, it now also says:

Your flight is less than 72 hours away. We cannot update Secure Flight Passenger Data within 72 hours of your flight. If you need to make any updates, please see an airport agent.

As I fly on Wednesday.
#930537 by pjh
25 Dec 2016, 16:23
mitchja wrote:Sorry yes, the accommodation info has never worked, though I believe that works at OLCI..

Works for me well before OLCI...
#930540 by contractor
25 Dec 2016, 19:18
Just trying to to OLCI for me and the wife for tomorrow. Oh what a mess on the website.

I can't print off boarding passes - the print button is broken (on multiple machines)
I can only download mobile passes if I don't check us both in at the same time????
If I only check me then I can get my boarding pass. If I then go back and uncheck me and check the wife, it still shows my boarding pass png (with her name on the rest of the web page)

The CIO and Head of Development both need replacing as both are obviously incapable of 1: managing change, and 2: rectifying issues.
#930607 by Silver Fox
27 Dec 2016, 20:07
pjh wrote:
mitchja wrote:Sorry yes, the accommodation info has never worked, though I believe that works at OLCI..

Works for me well before OLCI...

So, I am 32 days away from the flight and I cannot add " Your address while you're in the U.S." My KTN and redress number is fine but I cannot add the US address.

Are you saying you can?
#930612 by mitchja
28 Dec 2016, 05:32
I did OLCI yesterday using the iOS app and that work perfectly.

All my passport info was pre-filled (from my Flying Club profile) and it did ask me for my accommodation/hotel details as well as optional emergency contact details.

Boarding pass was issued as a Apple Wallet pass without any issues.

One thing I have noticed with the new system is that you now can still view seat maps even after OLCI.
#930613 by mitchja
28 Dec 2016, 08:38
Well FC miles from VTEC bookings are posting as they should, as my miles have already posted from my train journey down to London yesterday :)

I did update my VTEC profile with my new FC number.
Virgin Atlantic