This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932677 by lockedm
13 Feb 2017, 22:24
For those that are AU, do all your accounts say '1 years consecutive Gold member'? I should be 9 years and wondering whether I need to attempt to contact VS as will hit AU for life come August - assuming all their systems are functioning correctly by then.
#932678 by gumshoe
13 Feb 2017, 22:33
Mine certainly does, yes. VS have the correct data, it just isn't migrating to the website along with many other things.

Three months on, it seems increasingly unlikely that some of these issues will ever be fixed.
#932682 by Nexstar
13 Feb 2017, 23:24
I am (supposedly, I HOPE!) Gold for Life, after 10 consecutive years. Became eligible, and was reflected online, the day before they balls'd up the website. I now say "Gold for 1 Year'. Have contacted them and have it in email (for all the good that's worth) that I am gold for life even though the website doesn't say it. They also said (as of 1 month ago) that they were going to remove the section that tells you how many years you've been gold - because they can't fix it.

Fantastic IT organisation.....thank goodness they don't maintain the aircraft.
#932701 by Silver Fox
14 Feb 2017, 10:24
Whenever I read "Gold for life" I have the association in my head of Idi Amin's title "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular".

Funny how the brain works, I must try and put it to some constructive use, I will start tomorrow though. :)
#932705 by Nexstar
14 Feb 2017, 12:06
Silver Fox wrote:Whenever I read "Gold for life" I have the association in my head of Idi Amin's title "His Excellency, President for Life, Field Marshal Al Hadji Doctor Idi Amin Dada, VC, DSO, MC, Lord of All the Beasts of the Earth and Fishes of the Seas and Conqueror of the British Empire in Africa in General and Uganda in Particular".

I like it...will raise a feature request with VS IT to have the website reflect this...bet they can provide this before they fix the actual issue :D
#932720 by spacedog
14 Feb 2017, 19:57
My FC account also doesn't list anywhere when my AU expires. We're still waiting on miles to be credited from a flight taken in November despite following up multiple times. I went to book a flight today and it was £650 more expensive for the two of us on the VS website as it was on Expedia. My husband became AU again a month ago and received his new cards today, so that seems to be quite good, all things considered!
#932870 by scruickshank
19 Feb 2017, 23:28
I can totally live with the site not displaying my correct years of Au membership, what I am struggling with this week is Safari on a Mac reloading the page when I click the Return/One Way/Multi City button making booking ANYTHING IMPOSSIBLE! and the "Within 5 Weeks" option STILL not working on Chrome on a Mac. I'm having to check each flight individually. Seriously. I'm just about done. Multiple browsers on multiple devices and still a host of issues stopping me booking 3 months in. I always say, never put obstacles in the way of customers wanting to give you their money.

If anyone bumps into SRB anywhere, cut the small chat, pass your iPad, Laptop or phone to him and just ask him to try and book a flight. See how quick it gets addressed then.

Grrrrrrrrr S
#932871 by mitchja
19 Feb 2017, 23:48
The issue on Chrome seems to be when you try booking a flight using the 'Recent Searches' option after logging into your FC account.

Manually enter the flight details every time and it works, however, if you use the 'Recent Searches' option which auto fills the destination, dates and cabin class then it doesn't work.

The same thing seems to be also happening on Safari too, though I've have used the recent searches option successfully before on Safari?
#932906 by Silver Fox
20 Feb 2017, 17:26
On any browser now I definitely do not use "Recent searches" and "Refine search". They work intermittently at best. I have accepted that the site is crap, that Virgin don't care it's crap (Olie Whatsisface proved that quite successfully), and that it will remain crap. Sadly it is that simple.
#932915 by honey lamb
20 Feb 2017, 22:39
I still can't access my FC account >-(
#932959 by honey lamb
21 Feb 2017, 23:50
At long, long last I have finally managed to access my FC account. In sheer frustration, after numerous attempts to call FC, I fired off an indignant (but perfectly polite) email to Customer Relations outlining my attempts to get through and also the fact that they had never sent me a new number at the time of the changeover. Three days later I received a reply with my new number and giving me a step-by-step account as to how to access it (which didn't quite work the way they said it would as their second step never materialised so I just ignored it!) and Abracadabra! I'm in!!
#932961 by Hev60
22 Feb 2017, 00:05
honey lamb wrote:At long, long last I have finally managed to access my FC account

Finally, so you only had to wait about three months :-O

Now all kinds of issues will be found as you realise so much of your FC account is missing or wrongly listed.
Perhaps in another three months ...... we can only dream it will eventually get sorted !!!
#932978 by tontybear
22 Feb 2017, 16:51
Gavin wrote:Anyone else keep getting new cards and tags- I have had 3 sets since the switchover, the last arriving yesterday.

In finally got my new card. I don't know if they sent one in November that got sent back as I'd moved ( though I did update it pdq after I'd moved) but this was addressed to my new address and the letter was dated 12 Feb 2017

All very nice and spiffy except it says I'm silver until 12/17 whereas the app says I'm red!
#932981 by Vegascrazy
22 Feb 2017, 18:13
Gavin wrote:Anyone else keep getting new cards and tags- I have had 3 sets since the switchover, the last arriving yesterday.

Yes, I've received a third set just yesterday! Valid, eeeerm, until March!? What an utter shambles :(
#932984 by MoJoJo
23 Feb 2017, 00:07
Just had to check the ones I received this week and they have correct expiry date 02/18. No one can explain why the first line of my address on the letter was replaced with the name of the company I work for.

Total and utter shambles seems an apt description
#932986 by slinky09
23 Feb 2017, 13:04
Still no cards at all, feeling very miserable against you lucky folks who have multiple sets to play with :-(
#933557 by mitchja
17 Mar 2017, 11:56
Anyone else's online FC account still showing their tier point balance as being completely wrong?

My current FC account membership cycle runs Oct 2016 - Sept 2017.

I'd just fired off another email to VS customer relations / exec office as my online tier point balance still says I have 625 tier points, VS online chat tell me I have 225, both of which I know are incorrect as I've taken 4 x DL domestic First flights back in December which should be 300 tier points (4 x 75)?

VS are adamant that all 4 of those flights have posted correctly to my account (I only see 3 of them online)!

4 months down the line since the system change over and this is just getting ridiculous now!!
#933607 by mitchja
19 Mar 2017, 21:22
Me bad (and a bit thick), I'm going to hold up my hand here and apologies :blush: :blush:

After a conversation with VS over this yesterday and now that (I think) I now have better understanding of VS tier points (lol.....only taken me 17 years being a FC member), it turns out the tier points you now see online are your rolling 12-13 months TP's so the 625 I see is indeed correct baring 1 missing DL flight, which VS have said they will get added.

I've have indeed earned 225 tier points so far in my current fixed membership year (should be 300 once the missing DL TP's get added).

Apparently, this same issue is confusing a lot of people and VS are going to implement a change at some point so you will also be able to see your fixed membership year tier points as well and your rolling ones i.e. to check you have earned enough TP's in your fixed membership year to maintain your status.

Also regarding the viewing transactions. You can get it to show older transactions using the 'custom' date range, though it is a bit fiddly. I've found my previous VS flights from August doing this as I wanted to see where my 625 TP's where all coming from. Only making the date range a maximum of 30 days seems to work and lets me go back as far as March 2014 doing it that way.

400 TP's (16 TP's in old money) from a return discounted Z fare to BOS with the bonus TP promo that was running at the time which was the extra 3 TP's each way in August:

VS1.jpeg
VS1.jpeg (44.09 KiB) Viewed 12296 times

225 TP's from 3 x DL First flights taken in Dec, though that should be 4 with 300 TP's:

VS2.jpeg
VS2.jpeg (25.68 KiB) Viewed 12296 times
Virgin Atlantic