This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#906921 by abraxias
10 Jul 2015, 15:08
Is it possible to get your bags checked straight through from point of departure even if you're flying with two different airlines on two separate tickets?

I have about 3.5 hours connection in LHR, both T3, so I'm wondering whether I can ask the nice friendly people at BA to check my bag right through to my final destination? Obviously I don't mind too much if I have to go retrieve my bag and check in separately but if I can avoid it, I might as well.
#906924 by tontybear
10 Jul 2015, 15:15
Which is the 'other' airline involved?

With BA their policy is that yes they will through check to another airline on separate tickets BUT only if that airline is a fellow member of One World.
#933328 by Sealink
05 Mar 2017, 16:03
tontybear wrote:Which is the 'other' airline involved?

With BA their policy is that yes they will through check to another airline on separate tickets BUT only if that airline is a fellow member of One World.

BA have changed that policy. If it's two different PNRs they aren't obliged to do it. Even BA to BA
#933333 by tontybear
05 Mar 2017, 20:38
But my response was from 2015 when BA would do it.

It has obviously changed since though since :)
#933355 by SNOMO
06 Mar 2017, 16:37
No they won't. We had that problem February 2016, before it was even officially announced that they would not in future., but we got caught up in the change over of rules & they would not be budged on the matter !
Virgin Atlantic