This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#933342 by buns
06 Mar 2017, 10:45
Well it was certainly worth the wait :-D

The staff here are the usual crowd, so as wonderfully attentive as usual.

Fairly quiet now the Barbados flight has been called

buns

PS. The Tristan driver dropped us off outside the Premier Inn :-O
#933345 by marshy11
06 Mar 2017, 11:23
Enjoy and safe onward travels.
#933348 by David
06 Mar 2017, 11:56
Buns,

Hope you are enjoying the new facilities and have a great flight.

Pity about the shoe shine man, is he gone forever ?

Was looking at prices over the weekend and they are pretty horrendous - hopefully that might mean a sale is on the way and I will get to sample the delights of Gatwick's new clubhouse soon.

David
#933350 by buns
06 Mar 2017, 12:30
David wrote:Buns,

Hope you are enjoying the new facilities and have a great flight.

Pity about the shoe shine man, is he gone forever ?

Was looking at prices over the weekend and they are pretty horrendous - hopefully that might mean a sale is on the way and I will get to sample the delights of Gatwick's new clubhouse soon.

David

Yes, the shoeshine man has gone forever - unless we start a V Flyer campaign to have the facility reinstated :-D

I have to be honest, little other signs of "Delta enhancements" and the staff are making everyone feel special

buns
#933367 by buns
07 Mar 2017, 15:19
whiterose wrote:Have a great trip Buns, no sign that the shoeshine man has been redeployed on other duties within the CH? He was such a nice guy, shame if he's just been given the push.

As many regular visitors to the Gatwick Clubhouse will know, there was never just one person covering the whole time.

The shoeshine service was contracted and (and some of the guys shared duties with Heathrow). From what I understand, the contract was not renewed when the new Clubhouse opened :-(

Like you Whitehorse, I always enjoyed my chats with the various guys who all did a sterling service, but I suppose the call for shoeshine services in a predominantly leisure Clubhouse was always going to be limited - hence the decision

buns
Virgin Atlantic