This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#932527 by markyl
10 Feb 2017, 19:21
Someone forwarded this to me, we are flying in April to Atlanta, does anybody know what these changes are our book has not changed (yet)

Stop Press 910 - Changes To Our Flying Programme

We need to let you know that we will be making some changes to our flying programme for travel in April and May 2017.
• These changes will affect routes to Atlanta, San Francisco and Orlando.
• We will also be making some changes to the aircraft operating some of these routes.
We are working closely with our partner Delta Air Lines to accommodate as many customers as possible by offering a choice of alternative flights, or a full refund if they no longer wish to travel.

For customers that have booked Premium Economy on Virgin Atlantic operated flights and are subsequently moved onto a Delta Air Lines operated flight in main cabin, we will offer partial refunds on their Premium Economy booked seat.
Scheduled changes to our flying programme will be communicated via your GDS.

It’s never our intention to disappoint our customers, and we’d like to apologise for any inconvenience caused by this change.
#932529 by buns
10 Feb 2017, 19:38
The only speculation I can offer is that VS have stretched their aircraft inventory at a time when 330's are being refurbished and 787's are not coming on line quick enough.

The only common denominator with the destinations is that they are served by MAN

As I say, pure speculation and VS have yet again scored an own goal

buns
#932537 by Hev60
10 Feb 2017, 23:20
I trust they are going to wait until after the busy Easter Holiday programme? However end of April & May I would assume then becomes another busy period especially for the SFO & MCO route.

Just hope this doesn't cause too many issues for VS passengers, yet again :-(
#932601 by Nikolic
12 Feb 2017, 10:40
gumshoe wrote:The number and frequency of timetable changes is becoming very Delta-esque. I can only assume Atlanta now has a big hand in VS scheduling.

Just noticed that I've been moved from the VS141 to the VS7 on my LHR-LAX booking in October. No real issue but a few less hours in the clubhouse, which is annoying.

Appears to have kept the seats the same.

How do Virgin go about communicating these changes?
#932608 by tontybear
12 Feb 2017, 14:04
If you booked direct with VS they are *supposed* to contact you - usually email.

If you booked using a travel agency / other airline they are *supposed* to notify you (even if the airline has your contact details)

There is obviously a difference between what they are supposed to do and reality!
#932615 by Nikolic
12 Feb 2017, 16:57
tontybear wrote:If you booked direct with VS they are *supposed* to contact you - usually email.

If you booked using a travel agency / other airline they are *supposed* to notify you (even if the airline has your contact details)

There is obviously a difference between what they are supposed to do and reality!

They're G's so most definitely booked directly. I will check my junk mail folders.

Not too fussed and it gives us longer in LA on our first day, just a shame to miss out on Clubhouse time.

They seem to be going back on a lot of the new flights they announced? VS141 was only announced back in the Autumn. Was scheduled as a 787 so not even directly due to the A330 refurb.
#932657 by gumshoe
13 Feb 2017, 13:55
horburyflyer wrote:Now confirmed that on nine dates in April, Delta will operate the MAN-ATL route instead of VS using a 777. Dates include over the Easter break, so can only assume the A330 refurb programme is impacting availability.

Watching with interest.

Jon

Yes, I see DL are picking up the MAN-ATL flight on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from the 7th to 23rd April.

Somewhat annoying for anyone who'd booked in PE on the VS flights.
#933158 by Myf
28 Feb 2017, 14:17
Nikolic wrote:
gumshoe wrote:The number and frequency of timetable changes is becoming very Delta-esque. I can only assume Atlanta now has a big hand in VS scheduling.

Just noticed that I've been moved from the VS141 to the VS7 on my LHR-LAX booking in October. No real issue but a few less hours in the clubhouse, which is annoying.

Appears to have kept the seats the same.

How do Virgin go about communicating these changes?

We are heading off to LAX on VS141, which departs at 1pm on 29th August and is on a 787.

I've not had anything to say this flight will be changed, do you think your change in October was an isolated incident or is VS141 in danger of being pulled more widely? If anybody knows would be good to find out.
#933318 by jh71283
05 Mar 2017, 11:05
gumshoe wrote:Yes, I see DL are picking up the MAN-ATL flight on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays from the 7th to 23rd April.

Somewhat annoying for anyone who'd booked in PE on the VS flights.

Actually it's a good thing :D

I was offered an upgrade to Delta one (UC), but there was not enough space for my entire group, so we elected to voluntarily downgrade to Economy.

As a result we each got a Select voucher worth either 75K miles, or a round trip in PE to any destination.

Just need to look out for availability in P now.
#933480 by travti
12 Mar 2017, 03:57
I was booked in PE on a VS ATL-MAN flight that was cancelled. I got moved to a Delta flight and bumped down to their main economy cabin. They put me in their "Delta Comfort" seats and claim that it's "equivalent", which it is clearly not. Delta has refused to upgrade me or offer a partial refund as I see from above have been offered to others. Not happy.
#933495 by markyl
12 Mar 2017, 23:27
We have been affected by the changes - Two questions if anyone can help

We booked with Virgin (UC) and have now been switched to Delta (D1).

1. Having never experienced a change like this, when we check in at Heathrow am I right that we now have to go to the Delta desks?

2. The second leg ATL - MCO is Delta in Delta Comfort +, Delta have dropped the 4pm flight which means we have over three hours in ATL, would we get Lounge Access off of the incoming leg from Heathrow - or is that too optimistic
#933497 by mitchja
13 Mar 2017, 00:42
1. Yes, use DL desks, however, at LHR T3, these in in the same place as VS check-in desks anyway. The Delta One desks are right next to the VS Upper Class desks.

2. Sadly not sorry. There maybe some pay to enter lounge available at ATL possibly? By the time you land and get through Immigration etc, your 3 hours will be dwindling anyway.
#933500 by Vegascrazy
14 Mar 2017, 17:21
mitchja wrote:1. Yes, use DL desks, however, at LHR T3, these in in the same place as VS check-in desks anyway. The Delta One desks are right next to the VS Upper Class desks.

2. Sadly not sorry. There maybe some pay to enter lounge available at ATL possibly? By the time you land and get through Immigration etc, your 3 hours will be dwindling anyway.

I think you'll be OK to use the Sky Clubs at ATL as per DL's lounge access policy .....

"customers travelling on a domestic Delta flight connecting from a same-day international Delta flight in Delta One (In order to qualify for Club access, the customer must be confirmed in the premium (first or business class) cabin for the international segment of their itinerary"

http://www.delta.com/content/www/en_US/ ... terms.html
Virgin Atlantic