This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934142 by Brook100
06 Apr 2017, 22:18
I'm hoping someone on here can help. I signed up for the black Amex in the CH back in February for a bonus miles rate of 32,000. They gave me a nice shiny black booklet with all the information, but it got misplaced somewhere on my US travels.

In my first statement I received 18,500 miles I think it was, and was wondering if anyone knew the CH bonus protocol for the remaining 13,500. I know the normal sign up bonus is subject to a £3K min spend, but I don't remember this being a factor for the CH bonus. Saying that, my flight was delayed on the day I signed up and I was a few glasses of Lanson down by this point...

I've asked customer services if they could re-send the literature, or at least advise what the CH bonus T&Cs are but to no avail. If anyone here knows the deal and could share their wisdom it would be most appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
#934166 by mdhayes
07 Apr 2017, 10:26
I had the same issue, MBNA has to contact FC for the additional 13.5k miles, so just speak to MBNA tell them you singed up in the clubhouse and are missing miles from the sign up bonus and they should track them down. Failing that contact FC directly. You're right there is no minimum spend.
#934511 by s2driveruk
18 Apr 2017, 08:35
Nope you remember correct and i did the same. Awaiting the 13.5k miles to be added. Will add to the list of miles to chase down lol they seem to be mounting up!
#934514 by Stevieboy
18 Apr 2017, 08:52
Slightly different I know but I'm having a serious issue with FC and MBNA over this, I signed up last year and received the bonus. In March they removed 13,500 miles from my account claiming that they had overpaid me >-(

-Steve