This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#934273 by tugpilot
10 Apr 2017, 18:30
Just claimed the miles earned on an economy ticket to Orlando last month which was upgraded to UC. The new website says "your claim is being processed and you will receive an email where this is complete" or something similar.

Anyone any experience of using this and how long "processing" takes. Is this essentially a manual operation?
#934297 by David1946
11 Apr 2017, 07:33
I rang VS yesterday for the missing points from our return trip to Atlanta last week and they were credited immediately. We were advised last year that this was best way.
I a m, however, still missing Alamo points from last year after numerous emails with VS who say Alamo claim it was a Contract Hire and not eligible. Have told them it was just booked normally through V S but still in dispute. Has anybody else had this problem?

Don't hold out much hope of this year's Alamo ones as when checking in online with them it would only accept my old Flying Club number
#934299 by SlimpyJones
11 Apr 2017, 08:17
I actually just submitted a claim for two sets of 1k miles for Alamo rentals. I didn't do alamo online checkin but gave the rep my FC card on both occasions when picking up my vehicle, and no miles. It has worked previously though, perhaps their system isn't accepting the new numbers.
#934309 by NV43
11 Apr 2017, 14:56
The continuing utility of the v-flyer fora; I'm reminded to claim for a couple of stays at the MO Las Vegas, and to sign up for the Waitrose miles offer.

Thanks!

NV
#934320 by lockedm
11 Apr 2017, 19:36
I did a claim through the online form yesterday and they posted today. Question though. I was claiming for a PE seat which I upgraded with miles to Upper at the airport. What has been posted is miles and tier points for an upper seat not a PE seat. In the past, it's always been PE miles and tier points. Is this a mistake or has the policy changed for what you earn when you upgrade?
#934322 by mattyp
11 Apr 2017, 21:29
I've had to phone up today to claim the missing miles from our flight from Varadero on Sunday. Apparently there has been an issue with crediting some accounts of passengers flying on the newly launched routes.

Definitely worth checking your account after your flight. The FC agent manually added them and they showed immediately.
#934323 by stuart_f
11 Apr 2017, 23:43
lockedm wrote:I did a claim through the online form yesterday and they posted today. Question though. I was claiming for a PE seat which I upgraded with miles to Upper at the airport. What has been posted is miles and tier points for an upper seat not a PE seat. In the past, it's always been PE miles and tier points. Is this a mistake or has the policy changed for what you earn when you upgrade?

It is a mistake. You could file another online form to ask to have them removed and the correct PE miles and points applied but that would just be clogging the pipeline up so I'd do the right thing by all the other people waiting and say nothing :cool:
#934353 by lockedm
12 Apr 2017, 21:30
stuart_f wrote:
lockedm wrote:I did a claim through the online form yesterday and they posted today. Question though. I was claiming for a PE seat which I upgraded with miles to Upper at the airport. What has been posted is miles and tier points for an upper seat not a PE seat. In the past, it's always been PE miles and tier points. Is this a mistake or has the policy changed for what you earn when you upgrade?

It is a mistake. You could file another online form to ask to have them removed and the correct PE miles and points applied but that would just be clogging the pipeline up so I'd do the right thing by all the other people waiting and say nothing :cool:

I didn't have to think that long or hard about not getting back in contact :) Wouldn't want to stress the poor guys and gals any more than they already are!
Virgin Atlantic