#934536 by catsilversword
20 Apr 2017, 01:58
Due on a return BA flight tomorrow, from the US. I tried to check in earlier, but got s message along the lines that they couldn't complete check in and that I should do it at the airport. I've not had this happen before - is it likely to be a software issue or does it mean BA are planning on bumping us off? And, if so, what would happen re compensation????
#934537 by gumshoe
20 Apr 2017, 04:43
Lots of similar stories on Flyertalk in recent weeks - seems to be a BA software glitch.

In the unlikely event you are bumped or downgraded, you'd be entitled to standard compensation under EC261/2004. But I wouldn't worry unduly.
#934540 by catsilversword
20 Apr 2017, 13:06
Thanks gumshoe. The site is still doing the same thing - not especially worried, just wanted to arm myself with the necessary info, should the situation arise!
#934546 by mallin
20 Apr 2017, 17:27
Hi Clare, hope everything goes ok when you get to the airport. I am sure these things are set to try us, its that nagging little voice in the back of your mind. Where are you now? Linda
#934547 by catsilversword
20 Apr 2017, 18:42
Hi Linda,

Currently in Austin, Texas. As I said, it's just odd, it hasn't happened before. Haven't flown that often with BA, always prefer VS, but it comes down to hard cash as the end of the day... just have to see what happens....
#934548 by mallin
20 Apr 2017, 18:49
Hope you had a good stay, its cold here and due to get even colder next week. You will come back to the joys of a general election in 7 weeks. its on all the channels you cannot escape it. Linda
#934549 by catsilversword
20 Apr 2017, 18:58
mallin wrote:Hope you had a good stay, its cold here and due to get even colder next week. You will come back to the joys of a general election in 7 weeks. its on all the channels you cannot escape it. Linda

Thanks Linds, can't wait to get back to the UK cold. Or the upcoming election, it hadn't escaped my notice.....
#934551 by NV43
20 Apr 2017, 19:33
I don't suppose that it might have anything to do with BA's (International Airlines) 'transformation' exercise to reduce IT costs by 32%, largely by losing IT jobs in Cardiff and Manchester, and outsourcing to India?

IAG grey suit ' That's a lot of money that we're spending on BA IT, I mean it's a web portal, what could possibly go wrong with that? Let's save the money.'
#934555 by catsilversword
20 Apr 2017, 22:24
Who knows?

We got to the airport theee hours before flight is due to leave and, guess what? Only available seats aren't together. Really not a very happy bunny - hardly our fault we couldn't check in beforehand. Spoke with a supervisor, who was pretty useless.....

Grrr......
Virgin Atlantic