This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935057 by broono83
08 May 2017, 19:20
Hi,

Long time lurker, first post!

Looking at the possibility of flying Virgin Upper to JFK then onward. Routing back through JFK to LHR but with Delta (all booked through Virgin).

I have a few questions:

1)Is JFK Clubhouse free access and free food and drink as an Upper passenger as per LHR for example?

2) If I am on Delta One instead of Virgin Upper can I still use the Virgin JFK lounge and the arrivals lounge at LHR?

3) What are the Delta Sky Club lounges like and what do you get? They seem to mention a lot about paying for everything ...

4) Finally, if I am in "Business Class" on Delta (domestic) - do I get lounge access to Delta lounge or Virgin or both?

Thanks again,

Chris
#935062 by SlimpyJones
08 May 2017, 20:04
Hey Chris,

Welcome to the forum!

1) Yep - it's the same in all Clubhouses across the world, free food and drink :) In fact, in my humble opinion, I think the food offerings at JFK are better than those of LHR, in terms of choice of course, the quality is still great. The menu just seems to be much bigger!

2) Yes, you have the choice of either the JFK Clubhouse or the Delta Skyclub at Terminal 4. It's a bit of a no-brainer really as to which you should use :P And yes, the arrivals lounge will be available to you as well.

3) They vary greatly across the US, but the base is a fairly standard free food/buffet offering, with some drinks included, and premium drinks available at a cost from the bar. Not so much paying for everything, but if you want anything more than just simple well drinks you'll be paying for it. The costs are not astronomical though.

4) Yep, you'll get access to a Delta skyclub at your US destination, provided you are on a same-day transatlantic trip, which you are. Where is your onward destination if I may ask? Not ever place DL serves has a Skyclub.

Hope this helps.

Slimpy
#935064 by broono83
08 May 2017, 20:14
Thanks for the quick and detailed reply!

Not set in stone yet but thinking Miami! LHR - JFK (virgin), 3 days in New York then down to Miami for a week then MIA-JFK-LHR (seems to work out cheaper but the JFK-LHR is Delta not Virgin).

So basically I'd like to use the Virgin JFK CH before my Domestic business flight JFK-MIA on Delta, is this OK?

Secondly I'd like to use the JFK CH after my business domestic Delta flight directly before my Delta One flight to LHR, is this OK? Seems so from your advice?

Finally I'd like to use the arrivals lounge at LHR after my Delta One flight? edit: Sorry I see you already said this was ok
Thanks again!
#935072 by SlimpyJones
09 May 2017, 08:40
No problem!

So for your first question (using the clubhouse for the MIA trip) is likely to be a No. The CH is only for international Delta One/UpperClass passengers and other qualifying folk (like Gold card holders and some other airlines that have contracts to use the lounge). There's also a chance your MIA flight may depart from Terminal 2 at JFK as Delta use that as well. Unfortunately, it's likely you wouldn't be permitted into the Delta Sky Clubs either as their entry policies are based more on status rather than travelling in First/Business. So you may be out of luck there lounge-wise.

And secondly yep, the CH will be available before your Delta One trip JFK-LHR. :)
#935074 by pblondon
09 May 2017, 09:11
I did the same trip over Christmas / New years. The Miami flights do go from terminal 2 and flying F doesn't get you skyclub access. If you have a platinum Amex card then flashing that does. Its not very exciting though so if you can't get in you won't be missing much!
#935077 by SlimpyJones
09 May 2017, 10:42
pblondon wrote:I did the same trip over Christmas / New years. The Miami flights do go from terminal 2 and flying F doesn't get you skyclub access. If you have a platinum Amex card then flashing that does. Its not very exciting though so if you can't get in you won't be missing much!

Indeed, to be honest JFK T2 is a dump (as much as they are trying to make it look nicer..), you'd be better off keeping your time there to only what is necessary!
Virgin Atlantic