#935113 by Maximus
10 May 2017, 12:12
Well after a very l-o-n-g wait (almost 355 days since booking) the time has arrived to leave for Tokyo. And boy do I need a break. The last 6 months have been exhausting with work pressures and family illness. Not even enough time to frequent V-flyer forums! But all is well now as I sit here looking over LHR Terminal 5 apron from the Concorde Room, Mojito in hand.

These are our £500 return (each) First Class returns to Narita. At times like this it makes all that Avios collecting worthwhile, as it would probably cost more in Economy! :D

This is my first visit to the Concorde Room and we like it. Very calm and peaceful, great service. I have a spa back and neck massage booked for a little later and then a spot of lunch.

The new First Wing in T5 is excellent. In under 10 minutes we went from arrival at the Terminal doors to the Concorde Room entrance. Best security passage at an airport ever- no line at all.

Sayōnara
Looks like a glorious day out there too.
#935119 by hiljil
10 May 2017, 13:58
Have a wonderful flight and a fabulous time in Japan. So pleased you liked the Concorde Room and that security etc at T5 worked well.

Hope you come back refreshed and firing on all batteries... :-D
#935120 by Maximus
10 May 2017, 14:18
Still here. I have moved on to Champagne now- very nice it is too.

Lunch was gorgeous: English Asparagus to start, Rib eye steak for main and an exquisite Chocolate & Hazelnut Torte with raspberry coulis for dessert. The cheese plate was good too I am reliably informed.

1 hour to go :cool:

Enjoy Dubai hazban & welcome back to Blighty hiljil :D
#935137 by Bretty
11 May 2017, 00:15
Ohayo gozaimasu Maximus San. Since it will probably be morning when you land :) sorry to have missed your early shout out but wishing you and your OH a fantastic trip. I think you love Japan as much as I do; I really didn't want to come home at the end of our recent trip, but I have to work and earn the yen to accumulate the avios needed for the flights, so have to come home :cool:

Enjoy every moment :)
#935142 by Maximus
11 May 2017, 05:52
You are right Bretty san!

On the NEX hurtling in to Tokyo! Very excited to be back.
Virgin Atlantic