This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935206 by CommanderB
15 May 2017, 09:29
So heres a weird one...

I upgraded from K to G on my HKG > LHR flight on Saturday night. (lovely flight too might I add!)

But when the TPs posted I got 75 and 13,422 miles....

That doesn't match any of the earning tables at all..? I should have earned 50 TPs and 9544 miles based on the underlying fare.

I don't care too much as it's more than should have been awarded... just curious as to whats happened here?
#935208 by SlimpyJones
15 May 2017, 09:43
When was your K class ticket purchased? If it was before the earning changes last November you'd have been given the old earning rates, when K's earned the equivalent of 75TPs in new money.
#935211 by CommanderB
15 May 2017, 10:14
Nice try SimplyJones ;) but it was purchased about 4 weeks before travel. So no way it was based on the old rate.

Good guess though.
#935230 by NYLON
15 May 2017, 16:39
CommanderB wrote:So heres a weird one...

I upgraded from K to G on my HKG > LHR flight on Saturday night. (lovely flight too might I add!)

But when the TPs posted I got 75 and 13,422 miles....

That doesn't match any of the earning tables at all..? I should have earned 50 TPs and 9544 miles based on the underlying fare.

I don't care too much as it's more than should have been awarded... just curious as to whats happened here?

Did your overall account totals (TPs and miles) increase by the larger amount too? Sometimes the line item posting is incorrect, but the totals are updated by the correct amount. Or vice versa.

VS IT working its magic...
#935241 by CommanderB
15 May 2017, 18:53
Nope, the totals do seem correct.

I can only think that because someone messed with the booking at the airport, its messed things up somehow.
Virgin Atlantic