This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935348 by gwamgwam
19 May 2017, 11:21
I've noticed discounted return fares in UC to LAX are significantly more expensive than they used to be. There will be four of us travelling including two children so it can get ridiculously expensive unless we secure a good discounted fare. We will be traveling in the 2018 school summer holidays but assuming we are completely flexible on days/dates when we travel in late July or August what is the lowest fares we can hope for? Also when is the most likely time in the booking period for these discounted fares or UC sale?

I'm aware these flights aren't released for a while yet but I'm interested in learning what I can hope for.

We've managed to get four G fares to Vegas this year so it will be hard going back to paying.
#935355 by Nottingham Nick
19 May 2017, 14:38
I would suggest that this is an impossible question to answer.
Given the uncertainty of Brexit, the fluidity in the of the price of oil, the political shenanigans of President Trump, the fate of the pound against the dollar and many other factors; all of which can have a major influence on the price of airline flights, it would be a brave person that could give any sort of estimate.

Add to that Virgin's own efforts to shoot themselves in the foot, with their pathetic IT / website endeavours of recent times, and the picture is even more cloudy.

The bottom line is, if you see a price you are happy with, then take it.

Personally, I do not have any flights to the US booked this year and, if that situation remains, it will be the first year since 1988 that I have not made a single transatlantic flight - and the first time since 1991 that I haven't flown over the pond on VS metal.

The year is NOT an ordinary year.

Nick
#935374 by Sunseeker
19 May 2017, 19:18
I went August last and booked an ex Europe flight from Dublin £961 return in upper as apposed to £1080 if I booked direct with virgin for economy
Might be worth looking at