This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#935231 by NYLON
15 May 2017, 16:49
At what point do you stop trying to claim missing miles and TPs from a trip?

After three phone calls, a Twitter exchange, two e-mails, and contact via the website... I'm stilling missing miles and TPs from a trip taken about a month ago.

It's got to the Kafkaesque point where, on the phone, the customer service agent says: "The trip is flagged as having posted the miles and TPs." "But you can see they've not actually posted to my account, right?" I say. "Yes," they reply, "but the sectors have been flagged as having posted." "OK, but where are the miles and TPs?" "Well, I agree it is strange that they're not showing , sir, but they have been flagged as having posted."

I think I'm owed something like 11,000 miles. At some point (long past, I suspect) the actual cash equivalent value for these miles is worth less than my time expended trying to claim them.
#935234 by mikethe3rd
15 May 2017, 17:28
It's worth a quick two minutes on LinkedIn followed by an email copying them all in.

I'm finding it the only way to quickly achieve anything, albeit not with VS, they've been well behaved recently.
#935244 by spacedog
15 May 2017, 19:28
I hounded them for over four months regarding my OH's missing miles and TP from an SAS flight. It was a real pain and we went back to square one multiple times as each time we got a new CS agent they asked us to resend his documents (which we did... four or five times). Eventually after I spent ages trying politely, he sent them an email questioning their competence and the miles posted within 48 hours of that...

I wasn't actually as bothered about the miles as the TP as he needed them to renew AU. Annoyingly everything is still wonky and he ended up 75 TP down for this year due to their shoddy system...
#935247 by enjoyingit
15 May 2017, 21:01
i have been waiting since January for an ANA flight to be credited. And its the LHR to HND that's missing. I wonder how i got there when the return was credited perfectly. I just keep rebooting the details every 2 weeks and hoping for the best. However with limited redemption now with Virgin my spending will migrate, and i'm sure virgin/delta will not miss me........ or you.
#935248 by mitchja
15 May 2017, 21:04
If you have tried standard customer service, customer relations is next, if still nothing then I'd suggest you try VS's Exec office as that does usually get stuff done.
#935249 by enjoyingit
15 May 2017, 21:10
With respect, its just not worth the effort. The whole Virgin flying brand is failing. Points, if they post are becoming difficult to use.The prices are high heading west. The ME3 are viable solutions going east. I just dont see the value. I wish i could take the VS v BA bet now with a 5 year cycle.
#935266 by AlphaEcho
16 May 2017, 16:22
I have 2 outstanding claims lodged for miles & tier points with Hawaiian Airlines that will at least get me Silver for the year. Almost 4 weeks since the first claim was lodged and haven't seen or heard a thing. Having read the previous posts it looks like this could be a long wait.
#935267 by NYLON
16 May 2017, 16:53
mitchja wrote:If you have tried standard customer service, customer relations is next, if still nothing then I'd suggest you try VS's Exec office as that does usually get stuff done.

Good idea! How does one do this?
#935279 by Eggtastico
17 May 2017, 07:11
NYLON wrote:
mitchja wrote:If you have tried standard customer service, customer relations is next, if still nothing then I'd suggest you try VS's Exec office as that does usually get stuff done.

Probably by telling them you wish to make a complaint.
If it was an upperclass seat - maybe ask to be transferred to the upperclass team.
#935295 by marshy11
17 May 2017, 17:05
NYLON wrote:

I've used this address (and the various replies from it).

[email protected]
#935680 by AlphaEcho
01 Jun 2017, 17:50
After submitting two missing miles claims for flights taken in March and not receiving anything back but an automated "we've received your claim" e-mail, I was about to join both claims together and escalate it to customer services in the hope of getting some action. However, today I received an e-mail from "Flying Club Support" which said:
Thank you for contacting us regarding the credit of miles to your Flying Club account. Apologies for the delayed response.

Currently, we are experiencing some system issues and this is the reason why we are unable to locate the attachments you have sent. We would very much appreciate if you could kindly re-send in PDF format the copies of boarding passes, e-tickets of flights for which you are claiming miles, by replying to this mail. As soon as we receive the documentation, we will process your request without any further delay.

It might be necessary for us to contact our partner airline for verification, and they will advise us if your flights are qualified to earn miles or not. You can also check the qualifying booking classes on partner airlines in the Flying Club Terms & Conditions on our website, prior to sending your claims:

http://www.virgin-atlantic.com/en/gb/fr ... /index.jsp

We look forward to receiving the documentation, so that we can proceed with your claims.

We would like to thank you for your continued patience and your loyalty to the Flying Club programme.

So it seems they are now admitting there's a problem, have re-submitted all paperwork as requested, now we'll see if anything happens this time round.
Virgin Atlantic