Please use this forum is for Virgin Atlantic trip reports. There is a subforum for other airline reports.
#936584 by Lucydog
11 Jul 2017, 09:50
Ground Staff
Food & Drink
Entertainment
Seat
Cabin Crew
After an overnight stay in the Crown Plaza room 111 is 2rooms lounge/bedroom great value. We had to check in at the desk due to the fact 2 out of the 5 of us all adults could not check in, no problems. bags dropped and straight through 5 mins security to shops and food to wait for flight, which was on time Hot Lips rode on many times up in the bubble. This flight was great we took wraps and fruit for our meal on board, dont like airline food much, 2 of our 5 had food and said it was ok. Do like the afternoon tea/cakes though. Not much turbulance very smooth and peacefull. Must say i found the coming in to land strange, it felt like we were hovering as we went through the mountains down into Vegas, having never been here before it was very exciting ride in and smooth landing. stayed 10 nights at the Excalibur and this was a great base for us, nice buffett meals.Please note first timers to Vegas, it is very expensive and the strip have lots of friendly street scamers, beware of the guys selling cd,s they are blanks, got caught off guard with this one. It gets very busy and use lots of sun screen. :cool:
#936585 by SlimpyJones
11 Jul 2017, 10:02
Thanks for the report! Glad you liked the Excalibur. I stayed there on my last two trips to Vegas and I agree that it is very pricey, but sometimes you can score some great deals on rooms if you come during the quieter months, or even quieter days of the week.
#936589 by hiljil
11 Jul 2017, 13:25
Thank you for the TR and helpful tip.

Glad you enjoyed the flight & hope you were lucky in Vegas ;-)
#936593 by tomthumb
11 Jul 2017, 18:40
Many thanks for the TR
#939889 by Lucydog
27 Nov 2017, 15:18
Small update. Not having got the strip room we had booked, non available, we called virgin about this and they offer me a voucher for £100 but I stuck to my guns, listen to what you advise and said no I want cash transfer into my account, and within 7 days it was in my account. I call that a fast happy result. Excalibur is a great mid range no frills place.
Virgin Atlantic