#936433 by mallin
02 Jul 2017, 13:28
Think I have nearly lost the will to live. Been on the phone for one and half hours trying to get through to BA. Did get through within 10 mins to the Indian call centre he hadn't got a clue what I was trying to tell him, so he transferred me to after sales bookings, they then put me through to another agent, who said wrong line will put you through to sales. That agent said she couldn't book for me so they put me through to the Executive line, as I am lowly Blue they had to transfer me again.

Eventually got put through to the Warrington call centre and we got there in the end, trying to use my 2-4-1 companion reward before the return flight was available outward not much availability so had to grab when you see it, outward to Seattle next June in First, have tried with VS but very scarce availability and only up to the 9th May and no returns at all.

Just got to persevere and wait for the returns to come up in about 10days time, wish you could all do it online, anyway hopefully thats some of next years jaunts booked. Will be asking for any advice on Seattle nearer the time, preliminary looking lots for my aircraft enthusiast hubby to go see, he drools over engines and loves the smell of aviation fuel. Linda :-D
#936435 by gumshoe
02 Jul 2017, 13:57
It's going to get worse - BA are consulting about outsourcing their UK call centres to Capita.

What could possibly go wrong ...
#936436 by ken54
02 Jul 2017, 14:02
BA customer relations number in England 02097074480 always found them to be very helpful
#936439 by hiljil
02 Jul 2017, 14:32
Well done for persevering, Linda ! So pleased you have got some sort of a result for all your patience and efforts ! Good luck with the return dates .... :-D
#936625 by Maximus
13 Jul 2017, 13:39
Glad you got that part sorted. You can book a one-way flight online with BA using your 241 voucher. Then call BA when the inbound becomes available. You only have one call to make then.

My experience was very different booking my Vancouver flights in may, all sorted in 10 minutes adding the inbound segments on. Pot luck I guess.
#936629 by mallin
13 Jul 2017, 16:39
Yes I realise that Maximus now!

As I have never had to ring up before the returns were released, just been on again today and it took 20minutes to get through. The problem the first time was I got the Indian call centre then they just transferred me all over the place.

I had to ring through a couple of times today as when I got the Indian call centre again, I just put the phone down and started again. Could not get any First for the return as they seemed to have dried up have been checking late at night, during the night and early morning, nothing released so grabbed 2 business return , the agent said they could always release First later on so could upgrade then. Also tried Vancouver for next June and there was no availability in club on any dates at the end of June beg July and thats with 94 seats.. As with everything its still a bargain, paying economy prices for First/club what a hardship. :blush: Linda
#936636 by Maximus
13 Jul 2017, 18:54
It is hit and miss as ever with seat availability. We have First out to Vancouver and Club return. There were First seats available but as the return is a night flight and we sleep most of it away, we may as well save the Avios. We have reserved Upper Deck seats, exit row, on a 747 though, so no hardship! This may be our last chance to experience the 747 Upper Deck as they are becoming a rarity. Cost us £99/seat to reserve the seats though! But there are no pockets in shrouds as I say when OH declare "HOW much?" when the credit card bill comes in ;-)
#936642 by mallin
14 Jul 2017, 07:37
My OH could not agree more with you he is always saying we don't want to be the richest corpses in the cemetery. Are you still on a 747 Maximus as when I was looking at Vancouver flights they were all on a 380 that was for June 2018? As with all those Club seats I thought there may be some availability.

Have you been to Vancouver before, we went with Virgin a couple of years ago and its a really lovely place the tour we did of Canada was the best holiday we have been on. Linda
#936656 by catsilversword
14 Jul 2017, 19:56
gumshoe wrote:It's going to get worse - BA are consulting about outsourcing their UK call centres to Capita.

What could possibly go wrong ...

Please god no! Used to have to deal with Crapita at work... they never had any clue about anything, much less how to help ....
#936657 by catsilversword
14 Jul 2017, 19:58
mallin wrote:Think I have nearly lost the will to live. Been on the phone for one and half hours trying to get through to BA. Did get through within 10 mins to the Indian call centre he hadn't got a clue what I was trying to tell him, so he transferred me to after sales bookings, they then put me through to another agent, who said wrong line will put you through to sales. That agent said she couldn't book for me so they put me through to the Executive line, as I am lowly Blue they had to transfer me again.

Eventually got put through to the Warrington call centre and we got there in the end, trying to use my 2-4-1 companion reward before the return flight was available outward not much availability so had to grab when you see it, outward to Seattle next June in First, have tried with VS but very scarce availability and only up to the 9th May and no returns at all.

Just got to persevere and wait for the returns to come up in about 10days time, wish you could all do it online, anyway hopefully thats some of next years jaunts booked. Will be asking for any advice on Seattle nearer the time, preliminary looking lots for my aircraft enthusiast hubby to go see, he drools over engines and loves the smell of aviation fuel. Linda :-D

Well done for persevering Linda! Sometimes, you just have to be like a dog with a bone :-)
#936673 by Maximus
17 Jul 2017, 23:32
mallin wrote:My OH could not agree more with you he is always saying we don't want to be the richest corpses in the cemetery. Are you still on a 747 Maximus as when I was looking at Vancouver flights they were all on a 380 that was for June 2018? As with all those Club seats I thought there may be some availability.

Have you been to Vancouver before, we went with Virgin a couple of years ago and its a really lovely place the tour we did of Canada was the best holiday we have been on. Linda

Yes, definitely a 747. BA change over to the 380 for the Summer flights a few days after we return. We are going after Easter.

We have been before, driving from Calgary to Vancouver. We loved it. This time we are spending a few days in Vancouver and then driving around Vancouver Island and the coast north of Vancouver.
Virgin Atlantic