This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#930936 by joeymello
05 Jan 2017, 15:00
Did the tier point cycle change with the new website? Under the old website, it was clear that my tier point cycle ends on November 30th, as it always told me throughout 2016 how many TPs I needed to requalify for au. However, in December, my tier points never went back to 0. It is now January and it's still not reset to 0.
Is anyone else facing the same or similar issue?
#930937 by adjonline
05 Jan 2017, 15:50
Exactly the same. I gather from a reply to a post I made in the website problems thread that VS have attributed this to a display error on the website and say their internal records are correct.
#930943 by mitchja
05 Jan 2017, 16:57
Yes, think that may have been me.

At one point as well last week the website didn't even match what the app said.

The website / app are both currently telling me I have 700 TP's which is very wrong as by my calculations I should only have 300 TP's from just 4 DL First Class flights I took last week (4 x 75) as my account should have reset in October. New Ag card did arrive with the correct membership year info on it.

Even with 3 out of 4 DL internal First class flights posted to my account last week, my TP balance only changed from 550 to 700 despite the actual flight transaction saying:

29 December 2016 Activity Delta Airlines, LAX - SFO, First Mileage 1,017 Tier Points 225

1 of my DL flights is still to post yet and even taking into account the previous incorrect initial 550 TP balance I had, that should at least be showing 775, yet it only shows 700??

One thing I have noticed is that the app shows a lot more detail now for posted flight transactions but it does lump multiple flight legs together:

IMG_0667.PNG
IMG_0667.PNG (335.05 KiB) Viewed 15229 times

It's just ludicrous!!

I've now raised this issue with VS Exec office as Customer Relations where just boiler plate responding to this issue. No-one at VS seems particularly interested TBH.
#931078 by adjonline
09 Jan 2017, 02:44
I've now had my first flight (DL obviously - no sign of the VS legs) since my renewal date hit my account, which has put me in the 'website doesn't match the app' stage.

It really doesn't fill one with confidence. I am expecting to turn up at an airport at some point and randomly be told my AU status has disappeared.
#931178 by Martin
11 Jan 2017, 13:02
joeymello wrote:Did the tier point cycle change with the new website? Under the old website, it was clear that my tier point cycle ends on November 30th, as it always told me throughout 2016 how many TPs I needed to requalify for Au. However, in December, my tier points never went back to 0. It is now January and it's still not reset to 0.

I'm in exactly the same situation. My Tier Point cycle was supposed to finish on November 30th. I took return flights to Dubai in November to make sure I made Au again and they have been added to my account finally.
However, my TP were not reset and the latest flights I took to Australia on SQ have been added on to my last years total.

Also, I see that the website and app show different information. The totals are the same, but I get more information on the App indicating two legs.
"14 December 2016 Activity Singapore Airlines, SIN - BNE, Business Class --- Mileage 10,560 --- Tier Points 350"
App:
"14 DEC 2016
SIN -> BNE
LHR -> SIN
10,560 [Miles]"

I have been away for a month and I had hoped some of this nonsense would have been sorted, but I have come back and it is really no better.

Utter Shambles! It's enough to try the patience of even the most loyal VS Flying Club member!
#931180 by mitchja
11 Jan 2017, 13:47
After chasing up my 1 missing DL flight, VS have told me it is actually there, it's just that I can't see it!!

How 3 out of 4 DL flights can post and show correctly and 1 doesn't is anyone's guess!?!

Al departments at VS are just continuing to churn out the standard corporate 'we are aware of this issue which is effecting a number of customers and we are in the process of fixing it......blar blar blar' boiler plate response.
#931182 by seany
11 Jan 2017, 16:08
If I were in the same position as the OP (and I may just be)....I certainly wouldn't be enquiring about it....This shambles of a transition and website update has been nothing but beneficial for me so far!
#931591 by Martin
20 Jan 2017, 13:04
joeymello wrote:Did the tier point cycle change with the new website? Under the old website, it was clear that my tier point cycle ends on November 30th, as it always told me throughout 2016 how many TPs I needed to requalify for au. However, in December, my tier points never went back to 0. It is now January and it's still not reset to 0.

Did anyone ever get this problem resolved? They have reset my TP earning year and I now have 350 TP (from December) in the last years tally and none in the new year where they belong. I have resisted calling the hotline, but maybe that is the only way to get it corrected.

Any thoughts?
#931595 by mitchja
20 Jan 2017, 14:07
Your actual account and the info Flying Club staff see should be correct.

It's just that the data you see on the website is displayed incorrectly and hence looks wrong.

Flying Club cannot do anything about it because what they see is the correct info anyway.
#931600 by adjonline
20 Jan 2017, 15:30
The latest reply I have been given is that my tier points have not reset because an extra month was added to membership years to avoid delays in crediting tier points on the new computer system causing people to not renew when they otherwise would have - so my 1/12/15-31/12/16 year has apparently become 1/12/15-31/1/17.

I am still following up on that, partly because it seems inconsistent with other people reporting their cycles have not reset for periods longer than a month - but also because I have flown a lot this month, and so really could do with the tier points counting towards my next renewal, as they should have done, rather than being wasted.
#931712 by Jimbo511
23 Jan 2017, 08:40
The VS response about adding another year sounds ludicrous. They cannot simply extend tier years on a whim.

I had a similar issue with them randomly extending my tier year by one month, issue being that I earned 20TPs in said month. It was an operational error that was painful to get VS to admit. It took two months of calls and letters to resolve properly and VS offered substantial compensation, but we almost abandoned Au because of it.

If your calculations are correct, I suggest you keep pushing. VS can keep you on the same tier cycle but agree to manually credit the relevant number of TPs when your new year eventually begins and offer you compensation. This prevents you from losing out.
#931718 by MedwayControl
23 Jan 2017, 09:14
I have this issue. Expiry was 31 Jan moved to 28 Feb. Spoke to flying club who were "making it easier for me to accrue tier points with the new system by giving me longer". It has taken several attempts to get anyone to understand that I don't fly for business, only leisure and as such, have my trips planned out to retain my AU status.

Much back and forth and several unreturned calls later, I finally got lucky with one agent who understood the issue. My flights in February are going to be manually altered in March so that they count for next year's total. It's a lot to hope for that this goes well given the current IT scenario. I think it's shocking that they have just moved the Date with little explanation and removed the dates from the website altogether.

If the tier points are moved, VS stand a good chance of retaining me as AU next membership year as I had a lot of flights booked prior to the change. After that, I'm off to see more places that VS don't fly. The changes have served only to remove the 'golden handcuffs' that VS has on me. My loyalty as a purely leisure traveller is no longer rewarded so what choice do I have? I'm really not happy that my love affair with this great airline is coming to an end.

Our flights to Mauritius in November with Emirates in First for our honeymoon may soften the break up!
#931719 by joeyc
23 Jan 2017, 10:07
They really should have sent out an email about extending people's membership years.

I only found out a few days ago when talking with someone from FlyingCo and she mentioned that my renewal was at the end of Feb... no it isn't says I, it is at the end of Jan... oh, 'we've given everyone an extra month' was the response. Really, thanks for letting me know VS! That said, this extra month may get me to the 80TP reward, cloud silver lining..

The renewal dates have subsequently disappeared from the website, what a surprise ;-)
#931768 by adjonline
23 Jan 2017, 20:22
Thanks all. It is good to know that progress has been made by some - I am awaiting a reply to my last e-mail to VS asking that my tier points from this month be credited to the next membership year.
#931778 by Lonemorf
23 Jan 2017, 23:56
I have been having an ongoing battle with flying club about my account for months now. Missing tier points dating back to October, missing miles, so after the 4th to and fro email, I started complaining. When it was a missing miles/TPs request, I was getting a reply every 96 hours or so. Now its a complaint - nothing. Radio silence.
Anyone got a direct email address for someone I can mail at virgin who might actually give a s**t about their customers, or do none of them care anymore?
Some how Im still Au with 2000 odd TPs, despite my AU set to expire on 17th Jan. Communication is free. Ignoring people is just asking to alienate the client base. In all honesty, I do not know why I am still booking flights with them. I must be deluded in thinking the aggravation is worth it.
Spose the dictionary definition of insanity is correct "Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result".
#931902 by Martin
25 Jan 2017, 20:57
adjonline wrote:The latest reply I have been given is that my tier points have not reset because an extra month was added to membership years to avoid delays in crediting tier points on the new computer system causing people to not renew when they otherwise would have - so my 1/12/15-31/12/16 year has apparently become 1/12/15-31/1/17.

I am still following up on that, partly because it seems inconsistent with other people reporting their cycles have not reset for periods longer than a month - but also because I have flown a lot this month, and so really could do with the tier points counting towards my next renewal, as they should have done, rather than being wasted.

I'm in the same boat with respect to tier points being counted in my unwanted "extra month". By a fortunate quirk of fate, the day before the website upgrade, I had checked my Flying Club account and done the "8" trick to the URL to see the entire history back to 1997! I kept a copy, so I was able to clearly show the customer service people that as late as 5th November, my FC year ended 30th November (as you can see below). I have asked that the TPs are added to my new year.

I'm awaiting a reply. I'll let you know the outcome.

Martin

FCstatement.JPG
FCstatement.JPG (71.12 KiB) Viewed 14287 times
#931923 by McCoy
26 Jan 2017, 11:03
I'm getting no replies from Flying Club by email, either with the website contact form, or to what I thought was their email address.
Could anyone confirm what email they are currently using to communicate with FC?

Yes, I know phoning is quicker, but for this query, the complexity necessitates written communication.
#932351 by carolinaRN
05 Feb 2017, 19:58
I emailed Virgin as well in relation to my tier points not resetting as they should have (should be 1/1/2016-1/31/2017) and I did get a response. It reads as follows:

Hello carolinaRN

Thank you for your email.

As we provide an additional month to a membership year, having checked your membership year I can see that it runs from 01/01/2016 - 28/02/2017 so any flights that are taken before the 28th February 2017 with count to this membership year and will not be carried over. Only flights taken after the 28th February 2017 will count toward your new membership year.

I am sorry to disappoint you on this occasion. If you do need any further disappoint, please don't hesitate to contact us again.

Kind regards

I found the error at the end of the email to be quite humorous.
#932354 by enjoyingit
05 Feb 2017, 21:05
They just don't really care. As the mergers continue our choices get less. All loyalty programs are getting worse, as are the offerings on flights. And when we, the consumer, has been squeezed to bits, and corporate profits sore, a new vendor will enter the market place. In our capitalist world we cannot expect any different.
#932752 by adjonline
16 Feb 2017, 00:19
After a number of e-mails, this issue has been resolved for me, with the points earned in the final month of my old membership year having been re-credited to me so they count for the new year.
#933080 by joeymello
25 Feb 2017, 21:57
Sorry for being MIA as of late but I finally got mine resolved as well!

I had sent an email inquiry at the same time I wrote this post. I got a reply a few days later stating my tier point cycle ended 12/31/2016. I sent an email stating how on the old website it stated 11/30/2016 and listed the flights that should have qualified me for VS gold.
I got an email this past week stating they have fixed the issue which means all my Dec flights are now counted in the current tier point cycle!!!
I'm so glad this got fixed for me. I hope for those of you who have a similar issue will also get this resolved. For me, writing an email to them served best rather than calling the hotline.
#937469 by property1925
13 Aug 2017, 07:50
The extra month for gaining TP....

I've just run into this - they gave me a "bonus" month of July (so extended my earning period to end of July), when I should have ended at 30 June. I flew in July and, like many, this wasn't random.

Two issues

- still arguing with FC to credit my TP earned in the extra month to my new year"

- I've noticed that my new year also ends in July (so July 2018). Does this mean we have all moved to a 12 month fixed cycle, or is it just that they have" taken back" the extra month? No so bothered, as long as I know!

Thanks
#937471 by spacedog
13 Aug 2017, 09:52
Property1925, I had this exact issue and the person on the FC helpline spoke to a supervisor and they refused to move my points. I wouldn't mind if they were consistent, but I keep seeing other people say they were allowed to move their points from the extra month over.
#937480 by Martin
13 Aug 2017, 23:58
As an update to my earlier post in this thread, I emailed the customer services team again (by now the third time) with a request for an answer within 2 days and at least got a reply. They said, ...... well nothing really!

Date: 5 Apr 2017 2:06 p.m.
Subject: RE: Air4 Web Form - Flying Club General enquiry Username reminder
To: Martin
Cc:

Hello Martin,

Thank you for your email. I am sorry to learn that we haven't answered you previous email. I am happy to help now though.

I understand what your advising and I will certainly check if this is possible. I can see the account extended to the beginning of January when it should have restart at the start of December, as a result of this the points you earned in December was credited to your 2015-2016 year rather than the 2016-2017 year.

I have forwarded the email onto my support department who will look into this for me. Once they have confirmed the actions they have taken they will respond to me and I will respond to you.

I appreciate your patience in advance. Once I get a response I will let you know the outcome.

Thank you for giving the time to contact us. If you need any help in future, please do not hesitate to contact us again.

Kind Regards

T***** D*****
(Name removed to protect the guilty)
Virgin Atlantic
Customer Centre

Of course I never heard from them again.

As luck would have it, a month later I was at a Business Travel conference in Birmingham and I met a lady who works for Virgin Atlantic and is reasonably senior. I recounted the tale to her and showed her the email above. I also explained that it feels like they treat their long term FC Gold members like sh1t and I had become completely disillusioned with Virgin as a result. I told her that it had pi55ed me off sufficiently to book my next two trips in business class with Singapore Airlines (to BNE) and Cathay Pacific (to HKG).
She asked me to forward the emails to her, which I did. True to her word, she spoke to the CS team (I don't know who or at what level, but I suspect someone senior) and 9 days after we met, I got the reply below.

Sent: 12 May 2017 11:07
To: 'Martin Harris'
Subject: RE: RE: Air4 Web Form - Flying Club General enquiry Username reminder

Hi Martin,

Just to follow on from my note below, I’ve now been able to get some assistance with your Flying Club account. We have added the 350 tier points to your account and, just to confirm, your new membership year is now from 1 January to 31 December. You will need 300 further tier points to retain Gold status.

This should be reflected on your account the next time you log in.

Please let me know if I can assist with anything else.
Kind regards,
(Name removed to protect the innocent).

I realise I am very fortunate to have met her and that she did something, but it does show there are some people at VS who care and can get things done. Unfortunately, those people don't work in the customer services team.
Virgin Atlantic