This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938056 by Phil.Durrant
04 Sep 2017, 17:01
Hi, have just checked in for tomorrows flight to Shanghai from Heathrow. Checked in online but for the first time, i used the iPhone app

Has anyone had any issues with obtaining boarding passes? Not sure if its a known issue or im just unlucky but it keeps saying boarding pass is not available. Im only travelling with hand luggage so was hoping to head straight to security but now have to go to a desk to collect my pass

if its a know issue with the app, i'll stick to regular desktop check in for future trips

On a side note, if anyone else is on this flight, im traveling solo in PE but am a gold card holder so happy to gift my guest spot into the clubhouse

Thanks
#938065 by Dobbin512
04 Sep 2017, 18:52
I'm sure others will correct me if I'm way off on this, but one of the potential reasons could simply be that you may have been randomly selected for the additional security screening......you could always ring the flying club if you are really concerned?
#938067 by tontybear
04 Sep 2017, 19:43
It's more likely due to VS needing to check you have the right documentation to enter China.