This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938235 by horburyflyer
08 Sep 2017, 22:22
Hi everyone

Heading home to Yorkshire. Relieved to be heading home but concerned for those I'm leaving behind. The car journey took over an hour ( all of 10 miles) but expected of course.

The airport is crazy busy but again expected. The airport team and the TSA team doing their best in difficult circumstances. Heading home on the VS074 which is full full full.

So.....time for a G&T and a few nibbles the the buffet. The chicken tortilla soup is on and one of my favourites. This beauty arrived a short time ago to help with all the extra passengers leaving Florida.

image.jpg
image.jpg (218.69 KiB) Viewed 3324 times

Good luck to those still in Florida and do stay safe.

Jon
#938236 by Kraken
08 Sep 2017, 22:40
Jon - hope you have a good flight back home. All being well I'll be following you tomorrow on the VS76 which Virgin have bought forward to 15:30 departure. I'll be doing OLCI in the next hour (the system still recognises the scheduled departure time) and getting to the airport very early.
#938237 by TimCrawley
08 Sep 2017, 22:43
Good to hear you're able to get home before the storm hits (and Kraken too), could be very nasty in Florida given the damage it did to even substantial buildings in the carib (and awful for the poor families/friends of those who were badly injured or killed so far across the carib) - storm not reported to be getting weaker, last I heard.

Good luck to those still in Florida and do stay safe.

+1 to that and fingers crossed the follow on storm (Jose) doesn't cause even more grief to those already devastated by Irma's passing

Enjoy the lounge & wish you a smooth flight home!
#938243 by horburyflyer
09 Sep 2017, 09:19
Kraken wrote:Jon - hope you have a good flight back home. All being well I'll be following you tomorrow on the VS76 which Virgin have bought forward to 15:30 departure. I'll be doing OLCI in the next hour (the system still recognises the scheduled departure time) and getting to the airport very early.

Good luck James. 6hrs 50mins last night. Good flight with a very attentive crew.

I'll be tracking your progress. Have a great flight.

Jon
#938247 by hiljil
09 Sep 2017, 09:41
Totally agree with buns.

My thoughts are with everyone still in Florida - locals & tourists.
#938252 by Amo
09 Sep 2017, 12:24
Good to hear both Kraken and Horburyflyer have got flights sorted - fingers crossed the last flights out of Orlando today go smoothly. I myself am hunkered down in the Kissimmee area having arrived here Thursday. Will let you know how it goes. I might take advantage of Sunday indoors and do my outbound TR (hopefully power/internet should stay on through much of Sunday anyway!)
Virgin Atlantic