This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938238 by honey lamb
08 Sep 2017, 23:05
Leanne wrote:We were due to go to Antigua next weekend. Galley Bay has suffered a fair bit of damage so aren't accepting guests until they have a full assessment on the 21st September. Virgin holidays have been brilliant. We have moved our Antigua holiday till May 2018 and have booked to go to Dubai as a interim break.

Really hope those in Florida can return home. Safe travels all.

That really is service from Virgin Holidays
#938246 by buns
09 Sep 2017, 09:26
Have to agree with honey lamb.

At times like this booking through VH does has its benefits

buns
#938253 by stagsfan
09 Sep 2017, 13:55
Leanne wrote:We were due to go to Antigua next weekend. Galley Bay has suffered a fair bit of damage so aren't accepting guests until they have a full assessment on the 21st September. Virgin holidays have been brilliant. We have moved our Antigua holiday till May 2018 and have booked to go to Dubai as a interim break.

Really hope those in Florida can return home. Safe travels all.

We are going to Galley Bay end of October. In limbo at the moment as no update until 21st Sept at earliest. As we booked the flights and hotel separately I suspect we will have problems (costs) if we have to change the booking to 2018. Not sure if Virgin Atlantic will change a flight booking whilst other hotels in Antigua are open.
#938265 by SlimpyJones
09 Sep 2017, 21:08
The VS76 to MAN and VS16 to LGW are both on their way, and the VS28 is awaiting takeoff! Very early arrivals (3/4am) but I'm sure most, if not all will be glad to be back.
#938309 by Fuzzy14
11 Sep 2017, 11:10
Has anybody got the return to flight schedule for tomorrow?

Hearing conflicting reports that outbound flights are cancelled but empty planes still going out so the return flights (VS28, VS76) are still operating.
#938313 by virginboy747
11 Sep 2017, 12:14
Today Mia mco HAV atl cancelled. No decision made about tomorrow's flights as yet. They still waiting to see if the airports will reopen
#938321 by Kraken
11 Sep 2017, 17:16
I have friends still in the I-Drive area of Orlando. Whilst under curfew in their hotel, they report all is OK and just a bit windy with tornado warnings earlier today - they are without power at the moment though. The power outage must be localised, as the mobile phone network is still operating & the masts run on electricity.

I've also seen pics online of the Universal Orlando area & bar the odd fallen lamp-post / debris from the wind, everything looks pretty much OK - certainly nothing a few hours of clear-up could not solve.

Whilst I have no idea what things are like over at MCO (about 12 miles away), it looks like the Orlando area got away relatively lightly from the potential "apocalypse now" that was being predicted a few days ago. (I flew out on Saturday afternoon).

Of course, lesser built buildings & those on the coast will have fared worse than inland concrete built hotels. My thoughts are with the people who will have little to go back to in the way of a home.

The three Virgin flights that ferried to Orlando empty on Saturday all had full crews onboard - so Virgin have crew available in Orlando to operate 3 flights back to the UK as soon as MCO deems it safe to reopen.
#938326 by CHill710
11 Sep 2017, 20:51
Disney have just announced there will open all parks tomorrow so hopefully all will return to normal very quickly in the Orlando area.
#938340 by MoJoJo
12 Sep 2017, 12:43
virginboy747 wrote:MCO open again tomorrow but MIA still closed

HAV and VRA reopening today
#938381 by flysouthwest
13 Sep 2017, 13:50
As of today it looks like Galley Bay in Antigua will not be accepting guests until 31st October 2017 according to their marketing agents, Elite Island Resorts.
#938408 by Leanne
14 Sep 2017, 11:16
I have emailed Virgin Holidays to say how fab a particular employee was, as I felt she really did go above and beyond.
#938415 by MoJoJo
14 Sep 2017, 14:46
Well done VS for flying humanitarian aid and supplies to Cuba today whilst it seems to of been forgotten once Irma had wreaked devastation to a lot of the north of the island then moved on to Florida. The Cubans had little to start with ;-(
Virgin Atlantic