#938278 by Silver Fox
10 Sep 2017, 11:54
Bretty wrote:
Hamster wrote:
Bretty wrote:In short yes! I flew 777 F earlier this year, small cabin with only 14 seats. I walked through the cabins as I've never flown CW and after looking at the seats I don't think I could, they're awful. The layout of CW on a 777 is 2-4-2 (same as WT+) and on a 787 it's 2-3-2 (also same as WT+). The seats look so cramped. However, YMMV and it depends what value you put on space and comfort.

Before ever flying Club I never liked the look of it, but since flying it i do like it, I prefer the seat to Upper Class I feel less cramped, and can get much more comfortable. Though the service isn't the same (though am looking forward to trying the new JFK Club service soon).

Different strokes for different folks I think Hamster. I think I'm probably going to have to try it at some point, but for now I'm avoiding it.

I don't fly BA but the config in CW sounds very similar to that on United's 777 in Business - the 2-4-2 is just not nice at all and I find it cramped and narrow, and I hate having to climb over strangers if they are asleep to get out. It used to be 2-3-2 before the refits of their 777 (a good few years ago now) and there was much more room in general I found.
#938279 by hiljil
10 Sep 2017, 11:59
mallin wrote:Thanks Hamster, have been checking and the seats were not available, just checked now and they are there so have got us 1A/K, now even more excited. Linda :-D

Great news , Linda. Really pleased (& excited ) for you. Look forward to reading all about it :-D
#938283 by Hamster
10 Sep 2017, 15:04
Bretty wrote:Different strokes for different folks I think Hamster. I think I'm probably going to have to try it at some point, but for now I'm avoiding it.

Exactly! everyone likes something different! I avoided it for a long time too. Looking forward to the new Club to be launched, that will be good.
#938290 by Bretty
10 Sep 2017, 18:57
Hamster wrote:
Bretty wrote:Different strokes for different folks I think Hamster. I think I'm probably going to have to try it at some point, but for now I'm avoiding it.

Exactly! everyone likes something different! I avoided it for a long time too. Looking forward to the new Club to be launched, that will be good.

I hope so. Keep hearing a lot about it but haven't seen any pictures of design released yet. It does need updating I think, but given the configuration and how many pax they get in a cabin with current configuration anything that reduces numbers will likely increase prices!
Virgin Atlantic