This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938893 by CommanderB
05 Oct 2017, 15:35
I just spotted this when I was in Manage Booking.

I know there have been a few folks asking about this recently.

So if you want to buy miles or boosters... now is the time!

Offer is running 2nd - 31st October.
#938901 by cooperman
05 Oct 2017, 20:37
Nikolic wrote:I’ve just been offered this on my upcoming UC reward flight to LA. Is there any difference to using it on a reward flight vs a revenue fare given I’m not earning miles in the first place?

All flights whether full revenue, part revenue or full rewards are eligible for the Miles Booster offer.

I've just boosted 4 flights... all rewards :-D
#938905 by thejuice
06 Oct 2017, 11:55
How strictly do they apply the ‘boost a flight 6 months after travel’ rule? I took a return flight out on 12th April so that would leave 6 days to boost but I’m waiting for a new Amex to arrive which has a spend bonus.
#938908 by ScoobySu
06 Oct 2017, 13:55
I too have been waiting for a bonus to come through but decided last week to bite the bullet and do the retrospective Miles Booster for flights in May.

Unfortunately I've been trying for the past week and a half to do this - each time the call centre get the message "We're sorry but your card has been declined" but MBNA have authorised the charge and it is pending waiting for Points.Com to draw the funds down. I currently have £ 1,600 showing as pending on the Amex ;-( ;-(

It's currently with Flying Club Support to try and resolve as I have Reward flights on hold which I can't pay for until the Booster goes through!
#938933 by eugegall
08 Oct 2017, 11:02
Hi Guys,

I'm flying my first reward flight in UC this December, which pretty much wipes out my points bank.

How does the booster work with reward flights? Can someone give me some examples please so I can see if its worth it?

Cheers
#938963 by spacedog
09 Oct 2017, 14:16
ScoobySu wrote:Unfortunately I've been trying for the past week and a half to do this - each time the call centre get the message "We're sorry but your card has been declined" but MBNA have authorised the charge and it is pending waiting for Points.Com to draw the funds down. I currently have £ 1,600 showing as pending on the Amex ;-( ;-(

It's currently with Flying Club Support to try and resolve as I have Reward flights on hold which I can't pay for until the Booster goes through!

This happened to me multiple times over the last two months despite having plenty of credit. I think there is some issue with the MBNA cards and VS. It is very frustrating and has put me off wanting to book. Only once did I get a FC representative who realised the problem wasn't on my end. It seems like MBNA approved charge, but it drops off on Virgin's end for some reason. Usually after it goes for investigation it is fixed, but that can take several days and you have to convince the call centre that it isn't your card being declined due to lack of funds etc. :-(
#938966 by ScoobySu
09 Oct 2017, 16:27
Hi SpaceDog

Two weeks on and still not resolved - Points.Com have told FC Support that they have no trace of me trying to pay for the Bonus and I should try online .... umm I can't do that as it's retrospective! >-( But you're right - it's the Black Amex I'm trying to use. I'm loath to use one my other (few) cards as none of them other than M&S earn any other rewards or cashback (yes - poor showing I know - but they are legacy cards from a former employer so do have other attractions ;-))

I seem to have found however a good rep at Crawley who's following this up for me each day and is actively keeping me informed and extending the hold on the Reward flights. I suspect however that given the time elapsed the CVV will have lapsed so will have to start again ..... At least if it gets sorted this week I'll get the bonus!

For anybody else with the same problem FC Support are only available between 10.00 am and 4.00 pm Monday Friday and we can't speak to them direct. Also, if the agent you're dealing with isn't aware of the problem as they say over on Flyer Talk HUACA. Out of the 11 agents I've spoken with only three were aware of the issue - make that four now my new friend believes me!

ScoobySu
Virgin Atlantic