This is the main V-Flyer Forum for general discussion of everything related to flying with Virgin-branded travel companies.
#938937 by Francis007
08 Oct 2017, 14:40
Just noticed this morning that Virgin have swapped our Dreamliner departing Heathrow for Boston on Tuesday 10th.October for an old style A330 with 4 across the U/C cabin.

That is slightly annoying as I was looking forward to the enjoying the 787. Whether it is because the U/C cabin was almost full and they decided they needed the extra capacity .

We have retained our seats 2 K and 3 K but the thing I dislike most about this configuration is the fact that there are no overhead bins for the 2 central rows. So everyone tries to stuff bags above you.

Oh well. I realise there are much greater tragedies in the world than this :cool: ( tongue firmly in cheek in case anyone is wondering ! ).....and as my Missus has just said....calm down Francis, we are very fortunate enough to be travelling UC.
#938939 by marshy11
08 Oct 2017, 18:54
It's a shame and I appreciate there are other things going on in the world, but this is your world and it's annoying.

On the plus side, you are off to Boston and you haven't been downgraded to PE!

I for one will be hoping you post some details of your trip as we are going out in a month (isn).

Enjoy.
#938946 by Francis007
08 Oct 2017, 21:22
marshy11 wrote:It's a shame and I appreciate there are other things going on in the world, but this is your world and it's annoying.

On the plus side, you are off to Boston and you haven't been downgraded to PE!

I for one will be hoping you post some details of your trip as we are going out in a month (isn).

Enjoy.

Thankyou Marshy for your best wishes

We will only be in Boston for a single night before picking our rental up and heading for the Catskills for a week, followed by a week on Cape Cod.

I will try and post details of our trip f anyone iinterested
#938947 by Francis007
08 Oct 2017, 21:27
ColOrd wrote:VS11 currently being operated by a 747!!

Thankyou ColOrd for that heads up !

How strange that after many weeks of running a Dreamliner on their daily service to Boston, VS have switched to a A330 and now a 747 for today's flight !

Looking on FlightRadar, this 747 was flying either Manchester or Gatwick to Orlando or Miami for some weeks before being switched from Gatwick to Heathrow in midweek and flying to NYC the last couple of days.

Any thoughts anyone on why ?
#938969 by Sealink
09 Oct 2017, 18:18
I found the UC seat on the A330 to be more comfortable than any other. But yeah, Boston seems to be doing exceptionally well this year. In fact, you can say that for nearly every US destination, if fares are anything to go by.
Virgin Atlantic